Time to grow up and end the sick talk.

I've been reading a thread on here lately (and on many other sites) and to be perfectly honest I feel I have to say something on here about it, manly because this is probably one of the fairest forums on which we can comment on Scottish footballing matters.

Whatever team you support, wherever you're from, it's pretty clear that the subject of child abuse is pretty grim. As someone's who works with children, some who have been abused, it always saddens me when some conversations about football end up in the usual peado conversation when it comes to supporters of certain clubs. 

I have currently been reading a thread on here where some posters are actually debating the politics of who should be offended more by it, and to be honest, it's quite a sad state of affairs. 

Whilst I understand the irony of posting about it, I feel a marker should be laid down, and backed up by the moderators, to end any talk, jibes, slagging, one upmanship and the likes regarding child abuse in football.

We are about to learn the results of a wide ranging enquiry into it and maybe it's about time too. 

As a Celtic supporter myself, I can't ignore the past that my club has in relation to this, but that does not make me or any supporter of the club someway guilty by association. It does however seem that some others can't let go of it for their own means. It does not go away. It can't be excused. What is a positive however is that lessons of the past have been learned and modern day ethics are trying to take a firm grip on the subject in all walks of life.

With the impending inquiry into child abuse in football I suggest we all take a good minute or two to think about what's actually about to happen. There probably will be more revelations and court cases relating to this. I imagine it's probably more widespread than we think. But for any talk of this to come up in a general football chat thread? No, I don't think it should. Yes, it's football related but any discussion about it should be handled carefully, with respect and putting certain people as the priority of the discussion. The victims. Maybe the moderators could think of a way that this could be handled carefully on here instead of it popping up and on general football threads and I'm not talking about the subject of abuse, but the way some on here choose to discuss it.

What annoys me is that whenever this subject is use as a tool, weapon or any kind of ammunition to shoot down a footballing thread, not one iota is given to the victim. Have some respect please.

The past is the past. But it should not be forgotten in ways that allow us all to prevent it ever happening again.

19 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

I've been reading a thread on here lately (and on many other sites) and to be perfectly honest I feel I have to say something on here about it, manly because this is probably one of the fairest forums on which we can comment on Scottish footballing matters.

I'm not going to quote your whole post in my reply.

The Mods on here have it tough enough whether there is point scoring or the subject is being debated between posters.

It will always be an ugly subject that from time to time will raise it's ugly head, usually by the supporters of a particular club disguising it it some form or another hidden in some innuendo.

Instead of greeting about it by creating a thread dedicated to is going to attract the wrong type of attention and then you will have started another fucking point scoring thread which then turns the thread into a train wreck. Well done ffs.

Maybe you should have informed a mod to hit the subject on the head and then no one will post about it.

Whatever team you support, wherever you're from, it's pretty clear that the subject of child abuse is pretty grim. As someone's who works with children, some who have been abused, it always saddens me when some conversations about football end up in the usual peado conversation when it comes to supporters of certain clubs. 
I have currently been reading a thread on here where some posters are actually debating the politics of who should be offended more by it, and to be honest, it's quite a sad state of affairs. 
Whilst I understand the irony of posting about it, I feel a marker should be laid down, and backed up by the moderators, to end any talk, jibes, slagging, one upmanship and the likes regarding child abuse in football.
We are about to learn the results of a wide ranging enquiry into it and maybe it's about time too. 
As a Celtic supporter myself, I can't ignore the past that my club has in relation to this, but that does not make me or any supporter of the club someway guilty by association. It does however seem that some others can't let go of it for their own means. It does not go away. It can't be excused. What is a positive however is that lessons of the past have been learned and modern day ethics are trying to take a firm grip on the subject in all walks of life.
With the impending inquiry into child abuse in football I suggest we all take a good minute or two to think about what's actually about to happen. There probably will be more revelations and court cases relating to this. I imagine it's probably more widespread than we think. But for any talk of this to come up in a general football chat thread? No, I don't think it should. Yes, it's football related but any discussion about it should be handled carefully, with respect and putting certain people as the priority of the discussion. The victims. Maybe the moderators could think of a way that this could be handled carefully on here instead of it popping up and on general football threads and I'm not talking about the subject of abuse, but the way some on here choose to discuss it.
What annoys me is that whenever this subject is use as a tool, weapon or any kind of ammunition to shoot down a footballing thread, not one iota is given to the victim. Have some respect please.
The past is the past. But it should not be forgotten in ways that allow us all to prevent it ever happening again.

Keep pushing.

Celtic fans are delighted when fans of Rangers and others make reference to child abuse, the same as Rangers fans, and plenty others, are delighted when Celtic sing about the IRA.  Group self-righteousness is a heady feeling.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Celtic fans are delighted when fans of Rangers and others make reference to child abuse, the same as Rangers fans, and plenty others, are delighted when Celtic sing about the IRA.  Group self-righteousness is a heady feeling.

You've just taken the bait.

Hang your head in shame.

10 hours ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Intrigued as to why you think it's only 'maybe' about time that, what some people may think is, the largest scandal in the whole of football is investigated??

Archived