Fantasy Baseball 2017

placidcasual

53 minutes ago, k-ton said:

Use the schedule function on your roster page and you’ll see what starts all your players have plus scheduled starts for pitchers. 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/two-start-pitchers

This list is pretty accurate for which pitchers will be 2 starting the following week - it’s a case of working down till you find someone who’s free in our league then deciding if you’ve someone you’d be happy dropping to get them. There’s not a good option every week but it does work out more often than not. 

k-ton, many thanks for this. I didn't know that schedule function existed and the cbs link looks as though it will be a big help.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Doonhamer61 said:

k-ton, many thanks for this. I didn't know that schedule function existed and the cbs link looks as though it will be a big help.

You’re welcome.

The other thing would be to listen to a podcast on the subject - MLB’s Fantasy 411 was good but seems to have vanished.

I’ve basically told you everything I know now :lol:

10 hours ago, k-ton said:

You’re welcome.

The other thing would be to listen to a podcast on the subject - MLB’s Fantasy 411 was good but seems to have vanished.

I’ve basically told you everything I know now :lol:

Ha! Thanks again.

Off to a flyer this week but I'm not getting my hopes up too soon...

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:05, Savage Henry said:

Starting pitching is your team's biggest weakness.  You don't have an ace.  Some teams have three.  You've also got a lot of guys hitting for average but with very little isolated power.  

Also, at this point start thinking about next season.  You'll be able to pick up guys later in the season on the waiver wire that'll be breakouts next year.  

Aaron Nola?

On 5/9/2018 at 08:53, Doonhamer61 said:

Ha! Thanks again.

Off to a flyer this week but I'm not getting my hopes up too soon...

You go the monkey off your back well done!

Onwards and upwards now.

My team has gone to shit the last two weeks. 45 points up so far this week [emoji31]
I was confident going into this week as I had a few decent looking two start pitchers for a change. Looked at the scores from last night -7 [emoji23]

6 hours ago, placidcasual said:

My team has gone to shit the last two weeks. 45 points up so far this week emoji31.png

Mine too. My starting pitching has gone to shit and my in form hitters have started blanking...

I've got Corey Knebel back now and Bumgarner is throwing a full bullpen session this weekend i think so i might have him fairly soon...

5 hours ago, same_ol_g35 said:

I was confident going into this week as I had a few decent looking two start pitchers for a change. Looked at the scores from last night -7 emoji23.png

I'd say our match this week is on track to be the lowest aggregate score ever!

Having said that you've got 5 more pitching starts to come and I've got 4 so it'll maybe improve...

3 hours ago, Cowshed Chris said:

Pipped to the highest total of the week by the ever improving Pirates. Pretty tight in Division B!

It really is. I was feeling pretty good a few weeks ago. Now I'm contemplating getting first or second pick in next years draft..

By the way - is anyone else considering taking a chance on Big Sexy?

I really want to, and I've nearly picked him up twice now but can't quite bring myself to do it.  

Tell me I'm wrong!

6 hours ago, Cowshed Chris said:

Pipped to the highest total of the week by the ever improving Pirates. Pretty tight in Division B!

Not going to claim I now have this thing sussed but I'm on my first winning streak and no longer bottom of the pile!

2 hours ago, k-ton said:

By the way - is anyone else considering taking a chance on Big Sexy?

I really want to, and I've nearly picked him up twice now but can't quite bring myself to do it.  

Tell me I'm wrong!

Who the hell is Big Sexy?

Too scared too google it... 

Archived