Fantasy Baseball 2017

placidcasual

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/19/2018 at 11:44, Dee4Life1893 said:

Sorry guys, haven't been keeping track of this thread. I'll get my keepers set today at some point.

EDIT: That's me done. Had to get rid of some decent players. All my 10 keepers are in the top 40 of current ADP.

:unsure2: I have 2. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder that the draft is a week on Sunday at 8pm. It's defaulted to a snake format after the first two rounds.  I'm not so sure that's the best way,  I think 1-10 would be better for a few more rounds and that's coming from someone drafting 9th of 10.  Should I just leave it as is or put the snake back a few rounds?

Just a reminder that the draft is a week on Sunday at 8pm. It's defaulted to a snake format after the first two rounds.  I'm not so sure that's the best way,  I think 1-10 would be better for a few more rounds and that's coming from someone drafting 9th of 10.  Should I just leave it as is or put the snake back a few rounds?
I agree, although as I have a high pick my opinion may be slightly biased. 5 rounds before the snake kicks in seems a bit better. I'm happy to get with whatever the majority feel is best.

I agree, although as I have a high pick my opinion may be slightly biased. 5 rounds before the snake kicks in seems a bit better. I'm happy to get with whatever the majority feel is best.

I won’t be able to make it with the day change, so as many snake drafts as possible suits me better.

20 hours ago, placidcasual said:

OK - gonna sound like a bit of a cock here but bear me out...

The worst 2 teams last season were worst because their owners didn't put any effort in (they didn't even fill their rosters) not cos their core rosters were that bad. Both have got plenty of decent players in the 10 keepers (Mike Trout, Justin Upton, Edwin Encarnacion, Chris Archer, Kris Bryant, JD Martinez, Anthony Rizzo),  I'd guess they have as good a core 10 as mine (best players Mookie Betts, Madison Bumgarner, Luis Severino).  

I say stick the snake on from the first round.

I get what you're saying, but in my opinion it's in the ethos of a
dynasty league to give the poorest teams a draft incentive. I'm inclined to leave it at two rounds then a snake for this draft for no other reason than it's defaulted to that and the draft is in a week.

Hopefully we've got the same ten teams going into next off season and we can sort out what to do with the draft and free agency then.

Yeah, let's just stick to the two rounds. As has been mentioned, the cutting of the rosters to 10 keepers has evened the playing field enough. It's up to the us to draft well and fill our rosters.

I concur with all of this.

• 2 weeks later...
You could probably skip it and repeat with your keepers.   

I got lucky last year. I honestly have no idea what I’m doing.

I hardly know any players who aren’t on the Astros.

I’m gonna need depth and I know nothing about relief pitchers.

Archived