Fantasy Baseball 2017

placidcasual

On 21/05/2017 at 23:59, placidcasual said:

Apologies mate, I've unsubscribed this thread somehow. I'll amend the amount of DL spots if there's a consensus to do so.

I'm easy either way. It's a pain, but it's manageable. 

I can only imagine how helpful this comment has been to you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 19:19, calum_gers said:

Just a shame the two powerhouses have ended up in the same division. :lol:

It's started to tighten up a wee bit now, hopefully that'll keep it interesting!

1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 in our division this week so it could look a bit more competitive (if results go the right way)!

• 4 weeks later...

With the All Star break approaching I just wondered how everyone else had enjoyed the first half of the season? 

Who's been a stand out in your team?  Any big disappointments?  Optimistic for making play offs or writing the season off?

Personally I've been getting right into it, much more than I expected to.  

Mookie has overcome a slowish start and is now scoring me big points every week.  Had a couple other decent but more unexpected high performers... Ervin Santana (though he's fading now) and Zack Cozart particularly.  Bumgarner is still my biggest let down, but that asshole should finally be back pitching in the Majors soon.  

I'd say I'm an outside bet for a play-off spot, but I reckon my line up is still a bit too thin / inconsistent to challenge this year.

Mixed bag from all my players really. Trea Turner has gone from a disappointment to a superstar to a broken bone. Eric Thames was an early season monster but may be turning back into a pumpkin now, and all of my pitching has been terrible.

2 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Inconsistent. I think that charge could be levelled at most teams though. Our division is definitely the weaker of the two and I'm 7-6 so still in with a shout. Can't see past Fidel's Astros.

The thing I've found hardest is adjusting the line up week to week to account for the schedule and likely starters etc.  The weeks you get that wrong you can score some seriously shit points.

Agree that Fidel's Astros have it pretty well sewn up, but being a Morton (and Mets) fan I'll continue to dream of the impossible..

17 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I've found that of one of your ace starters has a bad start, you pretty much lose the week. Fewer points for starters and more for for relievers next time, I reckon.

I know what you're saying, though seeing as my only ace pitcher injured his stupid ass early doors I've been relying on a staff of above average guys who've done ok by and large, but a couple of weeks they've all had a mare and my points have been utter pish.

It's also taken me weeks to get good points from bats.. a few other tweaks maybe - or maybe just tweak my strategy..

2 hours ago, placidcasual said:

4 wins on the spin. I'm a bit annoyed that there's a round of fixtures this week. They'd have been as well patching this week to be honest.

It is going to be a bit of a weird one.  I've got the added wildcard that Bumgarner is making noises about wanting to pitch at the weekend having completed rehab.. can't quite decide whether to include him or not!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cowshed Chris said:

Pretty good last few weeks for me but with Kershaw and Cueto on the DL I expect my fortunes may change shortly!

Aye you've been flying but those are both tough losses.  Don't think we're playing each other for a few weeks yet though so I probably won't benefit!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:35, Cowshed Chris said:

Pretty good last few weeks for me but with Kershaw and Cueto on the DL I expect my fortunes may change shortly!

Unbelievable. As if losing Kershaw and Cueto isn't enough (and Matt Shoemaker before them!), my pitching staff has now lost Andrew Miller and Michael Fullmer to the DL with Gio Gonzalez day to day.

You couldn't make it up...

On 04/08/2017 at 13:56, Cowshed Chris said:

Unbelievable. As if losing Kershaw and Cueto isn't enough (and Matt Shoemaker before them!), my pitching staff has now lost Andrew Miller and Michael Fullmer to the DL with Gio Gonzalez day to day.

You couldn't make it up...

Not sure how sympathetic I can be given you are on a 7-week win streak!

4 of us tied with an 11-7 record at the moment, and only 3 weeks left before the playoffs.

Archived