Skyrim or Horizon:Zero Dawn?

BallochSonsFan

Looking for a new RPG to play on my PS4. Obvious choices are Skyrim enhanced edition or Horizon: Zero Dawn. I already have Fallout 4 and I've got the Dragon Age series on my PS3.

Is it worth getting Skyrim for the PS4? Or is Horizon: Zero Dawn the better option? I know Horizon was significantly delayed but the videos look very good.

Skyrim has a proven track record (whatever you may think of it), Horizon is a new game with plenty of question marks right now. The first foray into open world games and the RPG genre for developer Guerilla Games, which may horribly backfire. Also, the protagonist is voiced by Ashly Burch, that's enough to put me off it.

40 minutes ago, spud131 said:

Horizon seems to be getting high review scores across the board, except from eurogamer whose review suggests good but not great.

The Guardian gave it four stars but had the same concerns as EG.  The combat appears to be great but not so much the open-worldness, which takes parts of Far Cry, The Witcher and Dragon Age but doesn't do them as well.

• 3 months later...

Archived