Rovers v Stenny

Wallace, Ferguson and Stewart all starting up front for the Rovers today, should be quite attacking. Willis and McBride missing from the squad again

So much for that.

Feels like 2 points dropped. Missed a few good chances in the first half before Mick Dunlop bundled the ball in from a corner.

I thought to myself at half time that we had to kill the game off in the second half or we would get punished. We came out in the second and were sloppy and created little. Stenny' goal came from a failed Rovers attack. Gary Fisher gave the ball away in midfield and I could tell right away what was about to happen. I'd have to see it again but I thought Stewart (GK) could have done better with it. We looked a bit livelier when Theo came on, there was a goal mouth scramble towards the end which was begging for someone to hammer home.

Thank god for Alan Reid. I think Young must have started him at left back to try and stop Furtado and he did this very well. Turnbull was on the bench so was clearly fit, a good move from the manager if this was the case. Reid picked up Man of the Match and I completely agree. The Dunlops get pass marks too, our best chance of a goal with regards to set pieces to be honest. Gilmour did ok at right back. Midfield was disappointing, I think we lost the win here. Fisher and Davidson weren't terrible but didn't control the game enough and Ferry made quite a few poor passes.

Up front Ryan Wallace tried hard but doesn't look match fit in my opinion. Understandable after a good few weeks out. Ferguson managed to look busy but created virtually nothing. Big Ross Stewart gets pass marks.

A few bizzare refereeing decisions too. A few Rovers fans around me were screaming blue murder, didn't think it was quite that bad but one or two decisions did have me baffled.

The Albion goal was an own goal. Dunlop seemed to clear the ball off the line (!) after Crawford flapped at. The ball then hit Crawford on the back and dribbled over the line. Horrible goal.

While delighted to get the goal, that feels like a missed opportunity today. Had we put the same effort into the first half as we did the second then I'm sure we would have taken all 3 points.

Mason Robertson did well when he came on. He looks like he could do a job at this level.

Rovers paid the penalty for not scoring a second when well on top. Allowed Stenny back into it and their goal was no surprise. A win would have put us 7 points clear of them and our Indian sign restored. Instead, the gap is 4 and they have been encouraged. Poor show.

Woeful 2nd half performance from Rovers - actually looked like relegation material in parts of that game- non existent midfield, aimless punts giving the ball back to Stenny and trying to defend a 1-0 goal lead. Stenny were well worth a draw and could have got more. 

Ferry was to blame for giving the ball away not Fisher for the equaliser.The guy doesn't look interested. All talk of promotion play offs should be binned. 

1 minute ago, beaver1 said:

Forgot to say, the Albion goalie is the best I've seen in the league. Looks as safe as houses. We can only dream of such a luxury.

High praise, indeed. Very good prospect. Occasional lapses in concentration with calamitous consequences but a splendid find for us, I agree.

High praise, indeed. Very good prospect. Occasional lapses in concentration with calamitous consequences but a splendid find for us, I agree.

I wasn't sure about Ross to begin with but he's improved a lot over the last season and a half. He's comfortable coming for crosses and high balls. I can't recall too many occasions where he hasn't caught something he came for. Great shot stopper too, it seems to be some long range efforts he's struggled with. He's still very young, 22 I think

18 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

Woeful 2nd half performance from Rovers - actually looked like relegation material in parts of that game- non existent midfield, aimless punts giving the ball back to Stenny and trying to defend a 1-0 goal lead. Stenny were well worth a draw and could have got more. 

Ferry was to blame for giving the ball away not Fisher for the equaliser.The guy doesn't look interested. All talk of promotion play offs should be binned. 

Does the captain escape all blame for equaliser! 

Did he not let the ball run being unaware of striker when could easily have delt with it?

1 hour ago, Yoda8 said:

Does the captain escape all blame for equaliser! 

Did he not let the ball run being unaware of striker when could easily have delt with it?

No one is above blame but it has to be said when you defend as deep as long as we did in that second half Stenny were always going to get presented with a clear cut chance- which they did and Robertson duly obliged. Ferry is one of the most ineffective and disinterested footballers I have ever seen.

Terrible goal all round Rovers lost. 

Seen people blaming Ferry (not sure if he's guy who passes or guy who appears to slip) but a lot goes on after that. 

Defence drops deeper & deeper, 5 has a rush of blood and leaves a good position which would have cut cross out and then captain let's it come across him.

Catalogue of errors but for Ferry to carry the blame is a laugh. Take it he's not one of the fans favs

Archived