Stranraer v Peterhead

Yep too early to say. My first impression (which can be wrong) if am being 100% honest is that he looks like a player that got nowhere near the team at Dumbarton and hardly set the heather on fire whilst on loan at Rob Roy. Remains to be seen how much game time he gets or if he is any improvement on likes of McGuigan. Not expecting to see him playing for Sengal in the African Nations Cup anytime soon.  

33 minutes ago, tuckersloan said:

Yep from what I have seen Donald gets pushed off the ball easier than Turner does. Turner may be slight  but he is very tenacious. Boy has probably been our brightest light during a disappointing period and must be pretty miffed to be sitting out. Heard a few folk suggesting its not as simple as the boy being dropped but if Farroll thought he was in our strongest 11 right now am pretty sure he would be starting. So for me that's a bit of a smokescreen to cover the fact the manager wants to go with more established players. Too quick in this country to go with more physical players and be scared to give youth its opportunity. Its not like the boy is 16! Happy with the job our new manager is doing but don't want to see our prize asset's progress stalling for a very mediocre player like Micky Donald. Donald should be at his peak right now and he wasn't good enough for Ayr Utd who are no great shakes - Kyle Turner has probably been our best performer in a number of games this season and will go a lot further than Donald in the game.

Agreed Tucker,thought Kyle played really well when he come on against A R and Livi,sure Fazz knows the score,wonder if he's keeping him safe for a big money move this summer.

Sitting on the bench for Stranraer won't increase his market value if we are looking to sell him. Players progress by playing and putting that aside believe he would improve the team. Would like to see him start next Saturday but suspect he won't.   

Guest TOPFITTER

Hard to argue with Stevie Farrells plan to save Stranraers Division One status. Hard work, physically matching your opponents, get a solid defence and not least plugging what was a soft centre midfield. Unfortunately the defence was suspect today especially Pettigrew and Barron and that added to a referee assistant (Graham Chambers) who if not biased was at the least incompetent and gutless and a win was a big ask. So its a fighting draw with Thomson(1) and Gibson(2 crackers) on the scoresheet. So who is going to drop Captain Belly or the increasingly effective Thomson for Guilliano and Kyle The Prospect??? Doubt Stevie Farrell will whilst undefeated !

Yep from what I have seen Donald gets pushed off the ball easier than Turner does. Happy with the job our new manager is doing but don't want to see our prize asset's progress stalling for a very mediocre player like Micky Donald. Donald should be at his peak right now and he wasn't good enough for Ayr Utd who are no great shakes - Kyle Turner has probably been our best performer in a number of games this season and will go a lot further than Donald in the game.

Would have agreed with you at 2.30 yesterday afternoon and I would like to see more use being made of Turner and Morena. But I thought Donald had his best game for us yesterday, particularly in that battling second half!

1 hour ago, Clayhole Blue said:

Would have agreed with you at 2.30 yesterday afternoon and I would like to see more use being made of Turner and Morena. But I thought Donald had his best game for us yesterday, particularly in that battling second half!

have to agree clayhole thought that was his best game yet,the defense just did not get McAllister shackled,McGuigan looked a wee bit sharper than recently

Willie Gibson is fast becoming a Stranraer legend, great to see him high five his wee son after his free kick goal

Archived