Stranraer v Peterhead

We are starting to put a nice wee run of results together and the home win against A R felt more like ourselves from the backend of last season,beginning to get some solidness back(3 clean sheets last 3)can't be 100 per cent confident but things looking much brighter,home win would be nice.

Stranraer need to win IMO, keeps the run going and would claw Peterhead back in to the fight.
Morgan Neill available this week after not being able to play against his parent club.
Wouldn't change last weeks team. Nice to be looking forward to watching Stranraer again.

Guest TOPFITTER
Could turn out to be a massively important result this, win and they are only one point above us lose and we are too far behind to catch up 7 points with eleven games left. Albion Rovers and Stenhousemuir if they were to draw then we go two points clear in second bottom and if our result is as wished only one off Peterhead with Albion in our sites.

A lot of ifs and buts there but I'm sure we will now get the best out of the team as the season comes to an end. Think Morgyn Niell will come back to centre back alongside Barron, Robbo to right back and Petty to bench, shoud Petty stay at RB then guess Ryan Thomson will lose out to Robbo in midfield and join the bench. Win the midfield and shackle Rory McAllister then we are well capable of a win. Survival in League 1 is now a distinct possibility under Stevie Farrell, how times have changed I actually am looking forward to games again
:)

Stranraer should have won this one but peterhead were always dangerous due to mcallister bullying our defence. Barron really struggled. However we had our own magician. Two cracking goals from Gibson. Stranraer missed some sitters. Agnew against the post and malcolm in first half was ball greedy. If he had passed donald would have had a tap in. Still a good game though. Very entertaining.

Stranraer were the better team and should have won. Unfortunately we were back to defending poorly - McAllister is a quality striker who always seems to cause us problems. Gibson scored a couple of brilliant goals and we had chances to score more than the 3 we did get. Peterhead were physical in the second half and were lucky to finish the match with 11 men. Referee made a bad blunder in the lead up to the 3rd Peterhead goal. Couldn't criticise the effort Stranraer put in and no questioning the fact that the new manager seems to have raised our levels. Would still like to see Turner play instead of Donald who for me doesn't look good enough to walk straight into the team. Liked the boy Wilson who we have on loan from Partick Thistle first time I seen him play so a bit surprised that he ain't featuring at all. Up front Malcolm ain't the player he was a few seasons ago but still works hard and isn't being helped by the fact he is often isolated on his own due to the system we are deploying. I get the fact it maybe gives us more chance of controlling the midfield but if we are going to stick with 4-2-3-1 Malcolm is never going to be the right man for that role. At this stage in the season in the position we are in draws ain't a lot of use - need to start pickling up more wins. No doubting we are good enough!    

1 hour ago, tuckersloan said:

Stranraer were the better team and should have won. Unfortunately we were back to defending poorly - McAllister is a quality striker who always seems to cause us problems. Gibson scored a couple of brilliant goals and we had chances to score more than the 3 we did get. Peterhead were physical in the second half and were lucky to finish the match with 11 men. Referee made a bad blunder in the lead up to the 3rd Peterhead goal. Couldn't criticise the effort Stranraer put in and no questioning the fact that the new manager seems to have raised our levels. Would still like to see Turner play instead of Donald who for me doesn't look good enough to walk straight into the team. Liked the boy Wilson who we have on loan from Partick Thistle first time I seen him play so a bit surprised that he ain't featuring at all. Up front Malcolm ain't the player he was a few seasons ago but still works hard and isn't being helped by the fact he is often isolated on his own due to the system we are deploying. I get the fact it maybe gives us more chance of controlling the midfield but if we are going to stick with 4-2-3-1 Malcolm is never going to be the right man for that role. At this stage in the season in the position we are in draws ain't a lot of use - need to start pickling up more wins. No doubting we are good enough!    

I would agree all day Tucker,Kyle should start,but at this present moment I think the Manager is relying on more physical players to get us out of our predicament although it could be argued Mickey Donald isn't too physical himself,I also like Wilson,but the Manager has a nice problem,an excellent bench who can change a game,no doubt on our last 4 games we are good enough to stay in the League.

Yep from what I have seen Donald gets pushed off the ball easier than Turner does. Turner may be slight  but he is very tenacious. Boy has probably been our brightest light during a disappointing period and must be pretty miffed to be sitting out. Heard a few folk suggesting its not as simple as the boy being dropped but if Farroll thought he was in our strongest 11 right now am pretty sure he would be starting. So for me that's a bit of a smokescreen to cover the fact the manager wants to go with more established players. Too quick in this country to go with more physical players and be scared to give youth its opportunity. Its not like the boy is 16! Happy with the job our new manager is doing but don't want to see our prize asset's progress stalling for a very mediocre player like Micky Donald. Donald should be at his peak right now and he wasn't good enough for Ayr Utd who are no great shakes - Kyle Turner has probably been our best performer in a number of games this season and will go a lot further than Donald in the game.

Archived