Sign in to follow this  
shootingboots

Managerless Kilmarnock v Free Scoring Aberdeen

Same team as last night for me.

However, going into games like this after a long winning run against the opposition is always a worry, it can't go on forever....can it...? I've lost count it's either 11 or 12 wins a row v Killie. 

I'm not even worried about this one.  I'm not harbouring any kind of hope of getting anything here.

Having said that, we'll probably win it now.

It's the Killie way.

17 minutes ago, XIII said:

Fide! You live, we thought you got lost in no man's sky

:)

Just had a spot of the ole troublesome cancer to deal with...

Just had a spot of the ole troublesome cancer to deal with...

Fair enough mate, sorry to hear

Just now, XIII said:

Fair enough mate, sorry to hear

Thanks man.  I got the all clear a few weeks back, so no need to be sorry.

Anyway, we're going off topic..

:thumsup2

Brilliant to hear Fide!

Can't see anything other than win number 13 in a row against Killie.

Would really set us up nicely before the filth kick off at Dens 

I think I am just scarred by my formative years of being a Dons being so painful but the more we win and the bigger we win, the more convinced I am the next game will be our undoing.

In any case I have my ticket for this, quite like Rugby Park and another 3 points would be very welcome.  

Big selection dilemma for Mcinnes with Shinnie coming back into the side, Christie certainly put his case forward for starting last night.  Genuinely not sure what I'd do, over to you Derek.

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Big selection dilemma for Mcinnes with Shinnie coming back into the side, Christie certainly put his case forward for starting last night.  Genuinely not sure what I'd do, over to you Derek.

Play them both and drop Lewis. 

Actually, being cocky doesn't suit Aberdeen.

Scrap that. 

Edited by shootingboots

Scared . Our recent form against the Dons is woeful and they are scoring for fun.
A surprise Killie win on the cards (it's the Killie way).

2-0 Aberdeen with the teams below us picking up points thereby plunging us deep into the mire at the bottom of the table - it's the Killie way.

2-0 Aberdeen with the teams below us picking up points thereby plunging us deep into the mire at the bottom of the table - it's the Killie way.

Your right I don't know what came over me for a second. A Killie win, ha. 3-0 Aberdeen.

We are on some run at the moment won 8 out of 9 and the only game we loss was against Celtic so going with that we are due a bad performance/result. Hopefully we keep it going against a team we have a fantastic record against but football doesn't always work like that. Just noticed that Killie are in the top 6 although obviously that could change very quickly and be in a relegation scrap - with us having a midweek game and Killie having a full week to prepare I expect a tough game. 

Shame this is on a Sunday with stupid kick-off time as the pub in Killie is one of the better ones :)

Edited by Milners

I honestly expect another fantastic performance from us. 3-1 Dons

4 hours ago, Milners said:

Just noticed that Killie are in the top 6 although obviously that could change very quickly and be in a relegation scrap

Weird thing is is that we are both in the top six and in the relegation scrap.

Managers just left, interim manager with little experience, young squad who haven't played much together as most of them are loanees, dropped our best player of the last 2 seasons for an untried 19 year old keeper, playing 2 midfielders at centre half, have about 5 right backs only 1 of whom is any good but injured, 4 strikers whose season total is lucky to hit double figures, an ex-chairman who makes Diageo seem popular in Killie whose demands to leave make Dr Evil seem quite reasonable....

versus a team who are 2nd in the league, have been giving us a regular pumping over the last few years, just hammered one of our main rivals and are in a great run of form. Only one way way this is going, 3 points for the Killie!

Kilmarnock 0 - 234 Aberdeen.

Got 5/1 at the bookies for this.

We've been so close to beating this lot on so many occasions that I feel were due one ....soon 
2 v 1 

I'm sorry but you've barely even been close to drawing with us recently, never mind winning. Last 5 games between us: 5-1, 4-0, 2-1, 4-0, 2-0.

On that note, are there any decent pubs open at 12 on a Sunday in Kilmarnock?