St Mirren v The New Saints Challenge Cup Semi Final 19/2/17

shull

On 18/02/2017 at 13:29, Randy Giles said:

Not sure why the top Welsh team beating second tier relegation certainties is anything to worry about

Every side in our second tier should be considerably better than every team in Wales - I realise TNS are a much better team than everyone else in their league, but the Welsh league as a whole is on a par with our fourth tier at best.

However, I agree it's not something to worry about. If it's an embarrassment, it's an embarrassment to the sides who lose to them alone, not Scottish football as a whole. I'll enjoy laughing at whichever side loses.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

In the last five years their only European victories have came against part time or amateur teams. Their most notable victory was against Cliftonville. Both the Norn Irish teams in this year's Challenge Cup were papped out right away without a goal between them so that should signify the "quality" of their victory. 

TNS in the final of the Challenge Cup is a riddie.

Lets not lose sight of the fact how shite our teams are in Europe - Falkirk losing to a team from Lichtenstein, Hearts to a team from Malta FFS, HIbs losing SEVEN to a team from Sweden - Celtic getting beat in GIBRALTER!!!!  So lets not get uppity about TNS in Europe (didnt they get a draw in Hungary not long ago?) And to cap it all our teams have a poor record against NI teams in Europe so beating Cliftonville is not something to be ridiculed.

Every side in our second tier should be considerably better than every team in Wales - I realise TNS are a much better team than everyone else in their league, but the Welsh league as a whole is on a par with our fourth tier at best.
However, I agree it's not something to worry about. If it's an embarrassment, it's an embarrassment to the sides who lose to them alone, not Scottish football as a whole. I'll enjoy laughing at whichever side loses.

Agree. If TNS go on and win the cup. Ffs

No idea what to expect here. Can't say I'd heard of this mob until recently.

No idea how good they are but wouldn't be surprised if they're better than us.

Will go for Old Saints 1 - New Saints 2.

9 minutes ago, Lex said:

No idea what to expect here. Can't say I'd heard of this mob until recently.

No idea how good they are but wouldn't be surprised if they're better than us.

Will go for Old Saints 1 - New Saints 2.

I dont think they'll beat you, but theyre a good team with a lot of football in them. Theyre not used to our physical game tho, especially at set pieces.

Have TNS brought any supporters? 

They've brought one bus up. For players, board members and fans. Can't imagine there will be many making their own way here so guessing less than 100 away fans.

Just now, Lex said:

They've brought one bus up. For players, board members and fans. Can't imagine there will be many making their own way here so guessing less than 100 away fans.

Box office. 

Guest DAVIDB69

This is what I don't get about this cup what teams like TNS are supposed to add . I know st mirren are not great , but surely they should be confident.

However if TNS beat Dundee United in a final that would be among the worst results for Scottish teams in history

Archived