Berwick v Forfar

Great victory coming from behind against the leaders. Credit to Coughlin for being brave enough to change it at half time and Rutherford gave them something to think about. Great to see Lavery back on form too.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't quite believe Lavery scored again, in addition to us taking three points from this game. Forfar still comfortably heading to direct promotion with the Lichties only taking a point this weekend, so no real losers in this game so to speak.

Who was the trialist that got sent off not long after getting switched in? Was Donkor any good?

Great reaction and result from us today! Up the table we climb! Only Forfars second defeat since the first of November which makes the result even more remarkable.

Lavery has been coming back on to a game the last 3 or 4 weeks and I'm very pleased to see him grab a goal again!

Buzzing with the result. Big well done to the boys!

To do that after last week is unbelievable. What a game. 7 out of 9 points taken from the last 3 games. Much needed.

Will probably report back later with sensible comments

Achievable goals now....euphoric though.

I see a run of very win-able fixtures coming. I'll stop right there.

Good game and fabulous result that, in the end, was well deserved.

To answer a few specific questions, I thought Donker looked lost. He went off at half time, but to be fair it was the formation that was causing us problems. He did well in the air but was a bit of a shambles on the deck. We were much better in attack and defence when Rutherford replaced him at half time, allowing Scullion and Spark to sort themselves out.

Also, I thought both sendings off were wrong. Forfar's 2nd yellow wasn't even a foul for me and our trialist's red should have been a first yellow. Ref was pish to be honest.

In the end, a deserved 3 points from a team that is improving every week. COYG.

Nothing like a late winner to make your afternoon. Brilliant, brilliant stuff when it hit the back of the net.

The signing of Scullion's been an absolute masterstroke. I always thought from the outside looking in that Ferguson's first mistake at Clyde was releasing a club stalwart, and it showed up when clubs in the Championship and League 1 signed him afterwards. A complete warrior at the back. Particularly enjoyed that wee p***k David Cox bricking it from him. Happy days!

Well, that was a shocker.  Bollan changing a solid back four and moving TOB into the middle was a complete shambles.  Travis and Munro looked like they had only just met and TOB with Milne in the middle won nothing between them, constantly missing passes and each leaving it to the other to put a tackle in.  Berwick completely dominated the midfield.

Why Bollan waited until the red card to shake up the midfield is beyond me, as is Foxy not getting a start today.  Team has been solid the last few weeks, Foxy was an obvious straight replacement for Malone.  Bad decisions by the manager today.

Well done Berwick, probably deserved the 3 points but the game really swung in your favour by the appalling decision to book Danny for the second time after he was blatantly taken out the game.  Why the lino agreed with the decision is beyond me.  New ref to this league, he'll fit in well with the utter dross each team is served up by the officials week in week out.

To answer a few specific questions, I thought Donker looked lost. He went off at half time, but to be fair it was the formation that was causing us problems. He did well in the air but was a bit of a shambles on the deck. We were much better in attack and defence when Rutherford replaced him at half time, allowing Scullion and Spark to sort themselves out.
Also, I thought both sendings off were wrong. Forfar's 2nd yellow wasn't even a foul for me and our trialist's red should have been a first yellow. Ref was pish to be honest.

Agree with you on Donker but to be fair to him he's 19 (I think) and we have at least 3 other CB's out injured so little choice.

As for the ref, apparently it was his first pro game.

Spot on pal

Guest bernardblack
Starting to wonder whether Foxy will get a game at his testimonial.

As much as I love the man, he rightfully shouldn't start in the middle of the park.

2 hours ago, Yellow Feet said:

Agree with you on Donker but to be fair to him he's 19 (I think) and we have at least 3 other CB's out injured so little choice.

As for the ref, apparently it was his first pro game.

Aye, it was a very very big ask for him today again the league leaders , and I'm certainly not writing him off.

Archived