Relocating for work

On 15/02/2017 at 18:36, paranoid android said:

Lassie I ken (massive chebs)

If she turns this offer down, will she be denied benefits?

First, is this a biblical 'ken'? Well played, if so.

Second, the DSS rule used to be that you had to accept work within a 'reasonable' distance of your current location, if offered. I don't think they'd have the brass neck to claim that fucking Peterborough would be 'reasonable' for someone living in Scotland, but it's (thankfully) been a long time since I signed on, and the Tories have been in for a while now...not sure if they've yet had the chance to turn the Job Centres back into the old hopeless pits of despair that they used to be.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 12:40, LiamDFC said:

Agree with the first part, but your point around 'shitey London accommodation' isn't necessarily true.

Yes, accommodation is terrible at the bottom end of the rental market.. but if you're on a decent wage, you can certainly afford to live in some pretty damn good bits of London. I'm not talking Holland Park, but who would want to live there anyway?

I'd much rather live in Stoke Newington or Broadway Market than some pit like fucking Paisley.

Thank you.

Go to London! I guarantee you'll either be mugged or not appreciated. Catch the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I was born in Peterborough.  In a hospital that I believe isn't there anymore.  I could be wrong, but I care very little.

From Peterborough to Inverness... your parents were either cruel or had a very dark sense of humour.

9 hours ago, hk blues said:

Shitty behaviour IMO.

He's burned his bridges with his old employer which will be more than awkward if he ever needs a reference and his reputation etc is screwed. Hardly worth it for a few grand.

*few grand and amusing story for friends to tell on the internet

Archived