The Rangers v Accies, Sat 4th March 12:30

cdhafc1874

30 years on could it happen again?

We can only hope, but with a lengthy long-term injury list & 2 of our (currently) fit players - Mackinnon + Redmond - picking up bookings last night that rule them out of this tie through suspension Accies may struggle to put out a 2nd string 11.

I'll be there just in case though.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gosh, I do hope that they decide to televise this. Though it would be totally unprecedented to send the cameras to Ibrox, surely they wouldn't pass up such an evenly matched contest.

What's that you say? Live on Sky? Well, I for one am shocked at this unexpected development.

A bus to sit in traffic to & from the game with the getaway from Ibrox being slower than on foot due to having to wait on everyone being accounted for along with all the home support traffic too.

Never mind being stuck outside Ibrox on a bus surrounded by orcs should we do the unlikely & repeat 87'

Nice enough gesture but it's a no thanks from me.

Got my ticket for it today. We've been given an allocation of around 1000, and with the free buses and the fact it's a quarter-final I think we should have, at the very least, 600. It'll probably be closer to 500 though.

Due to the inconvenient ticket office opening times earliest I can get a ticket for cup game & Hearts away is Monday.

And that's only cos I'm on 11-8 next week so can get down for opening of office at 9.15am - means I'll also miss the Aberdeen game on Tues night.

For anyone that works normal hours Mon-Fri it's useless - what happened to late opening on Thurs night when we have away tickets on sale?

That win should give the players the confidence and belief required to go here and cause an upset. With Daz suspended I'd expect either Crawford or Docherty to start or maybe even both. Despite plenty of effort from Imrie, he's been garbage for a while now and badly needs dropped, but I wouldn't put money on it. Also be interesting to see if he sticks with Woods or brings Mathews back in after his penalty shootout heroics from the last round.

Should be a decent crowd by the looks of things. The free buses are full and the Vaults bus has loads of interest. I hope everyone gets behind the team, too. Get everyone singing.

In an ideal world Imrie would get dropped, the amount of breakaways last night that came to a stop because his legs couldn't keep up was painful to watch. For us to win, the defence has to play like they did last night, we really can't afford any passengers.

SLO saying 195 on the 3 free buses - double-decker & 2 singles? - and I'm presuming it'll be a full 52 seater(s) from the Vaults as well.

Add in those going by other means & I'd think we'll take 500 or so

With Mackinnon and Redmond suspended, I'd swap in Crawford and Docherty. 

As people have said, it would be better if Imrie were dropped, Adams has looked Good, so I don't see why he can't start.

As for the Goalkeeper, I think both would do the job, so not overly bothered who gets picked

I've read a few comments about how
Adams should be played. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but did nobody notice in the games that he has played,that he constantly gives the ball away? Unless there's better to come from him, I'm afraid that he's not as good as what's already there.

Archived