Post Your Voting History!

scottsdad

6 minutes ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Virtually all the noise about RISE began and ended with frustrated buckled lefties & Glasgow Herald journalists tearing the head off over Kat Boyd's tits. 

Considerrably more noise than the Christians and SSP parties that got more votes than them

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a Labour party member from 1987 right up to the Scottish Ref.Never thought once of voting for the SNP back then as it was always a two horse race in Dumfriesshire with the SNP a distant 3rd.The vote for Independence changed everything for me.

1987-2011 Labour

Voted Yes and remain and now a SNP member

1982 - conservative because the prospect of Michael Foot so recently after the fiasco of the late 70s just didn't seem sensible. 

1987 - Labour 

1992 - Labour 

1997 - Labour

2001 - Labour 

2005 - Labour

2007 - SNP/Labour 

2010 - SNP

2011 - SNP/SNP

2014 - Yes but only really made up my mind about early July as Project Fear kicked in and really sickened me. 

2015 - SNP

2016 - SNP/SNP

EU - didn't vote. Couldn't vote for Gove and co but refused to vote for another Project Fear. Almost felt like legitimising absolute fucking arseholes irrespective of how you voted given that the whole thing seemed more of a tory/ukip bun fight. Wankers to a man and woman. 

10 minutes ago, HTG said:

EU - didn't vote. Couldn't vote for Gove and co but refused to vote for another Project Fear. Almost felt like legitimising absolute fucking arseholes irrespective of how you voted given that the whole thing seemed more of a tory/ukip bun fight. Wankers to a man and woman. 

I think we had a brief argument at the time but I still don't get that. It was way more important than a personality contest whatever you think about the EU. It was about the future of a fucking continent.

You're right, I reckon it must be up at about 90% on P&B. Serious question, why do you think that is? The board represents and encompasses all views, regardless of demographics, geography & sociology, why is it so heavily swayed regarding Scottish independence?

Cause the polls are weighted all wrong?

It's because most of the people who want to talk about Scottish politics online are independence supporters. It's nothing to do with the demographics of pie and bovril. I don't think I've ever seen an online poll on Scottish independence that yes haven't won.

I would actually agree with most of that; although I do think the polls are wrong based on weighting
I'd say bang on 50 50

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I think we had a brief argument at the time but I still don't get that. It was way more important than a personality contest whatever you think about the EU. It was about the future of a fucking continent.

Aye we did. Hey ho.

Funny ive asked you to give me a breakdown of why you think the union works yet all you can do is try and attack me personally? Ive already said on countless occasions that I can understand why people voted no if they did so from a perspective of ethnic nationalism but ive yet to hear a valid argument for any other motivation for voting against independence, many of the reasons given have already proven to be wrong.

As for my own personal views, of course I believe im right, but I am happy to listen to other people's perspective when it can be backed up? You don't really know the first thing about me to make such grandiose claims as to have an insight into my convictions especially based on such a narrow field of subject matter.

I'd genuinely love to understand what motivates people in Scotland to vote conservative, given their anything but positive effect on Scotland.

I won't be wasting my time making a case for the union on here. The social, economic, political and cultural case for the union was made in 2014 and the majority of Scotland were convinced by the arguments. Everyone heard the debates- what purpose would it serve me to repeat what's already been said to people who will not change their mind?

9 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Everyone heard the debates- what purpose would it serve me to repeat what's already been said to people who will not change their mind?

I've changed mine

No to YES

Well come on why do you vote conservative? does it excite you to see the public sector being reduced to ashes and the poor getting poorer whilst May et al laugh. You think after the damage the tories have done to my profession that a large number will vote for them??? cant be serious. For the record I probably wouldnt vote SNP in the event of independence.

I vote for multiple parties. I have voted for labour, Tory, SNP, SUP and a couple of others at various points in time. I don't affiliate with any party.

In the last Scottish election I voted conservative as Scotland has started to mirror Northern Ireland where the constitution dominates politics. I don't trust Labour on the union and I don't rate Dugdale as a leader of the opposition.

I've voted Tory in the past as they generally stand for more traditional social values and personal responsibility.

Economically I would vote Labour as they are now (not blairite labour) but since the mid 90s labour have overlooked the working class in favour or a commitment to globalisation, metropolitan, "progressive" ideas that are generally utter nonsense.

In Scotland they've taken the electorate for granted through a lack of competition(until recently) been riddled with nepotism, cronyism and self interest- so I voted Tory or SNP to get them out.

The main difference between traditional conservatism and traditional labour is the placing on the spectrum of where the balance lies between collectivism and individualism. No position along that spectrum is "correct".

Conservatives generally place more responsibility on the individual to take responsibility for their own lives- hardly unreasonable to believe that if more people did take more responsibility that they would get on a bit better- rather than blaming all their ills on others and expecting others to bale them out of what ever situation they find themselves in.

2014 European elections: Tory
2014 Independence referendum: No
2015 UK election: Tory
2016 Scottish election: Tory/Tory
2016 EU referendum: Leave

I realise that to many of you I am probably the worst person to ever live.

No mate, there's plenty on this thread alone ahead of you in that queue.

Not yet, just a couple of UKIP votes to seal the deal.

GET THAT TO F...

95a1d9ebd135493b80a9772cf8ac0af3.jpg

1 hour ago, Sooky said:

I think you're just young, sad and confused*.  But then again you're a Funster.

PS - just kidding, I think you're a c**t.

Archived