Spiders v Wasps

12 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

You were winning 2-0 with a few minutes to play. The 1-0 was a gift that you won't get too often, after 4 minutes of the game. There was an 80 minute gap in between,

its swing and roundabouts with mistakes , we have lost games we should not have with mistakes similar to yours yesterday.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

We can agree on that point but Gus has dropped him before for similar gaffes and if the rest are all fit and able I wouldn't be surprised if he was dropped again.

Wharton has given him a decision to make, though. Gibby wouldn't be a bad option to come in. However, I think Cummins, McGeever and Wharton offer us greater physicality, as well as an attacking threat at set pieces. 

Wharton has given him a decision to make, though. Gibby wouldn't be a bad option to come in. However, I think Cummins, McGeever and Wharton offer us greater physicality, as well as an attacking threat at set pieces. 

Suppose Ryan's an injury risk as well now. I'd pay to watch the club doctor try and tell him to take a week off.

I thought the pitch was in a Poor state yesterday and really never suited both teams and impeaded the overall game. Happy with the win and thought we were excellent in the first 15 then the last 15 after the subs came on. We had a particularly strong bench yesterday that could influence the game and it proved that. Holmes was our outstanding player once again followed by taggart.  

Queens will not be far away from the play offs and one of the better teams I have seen playing us at the Recs this season. 

A bad day at the office.  We were poor for both goals and Woods' miss was one that you'd normally bank on him to score.  Alloa were pretty functional rather than pretty and took advantage of what we gave them.  We'll win games in similar circumstances.

McKernan absolutely outstanding and covered every inch of the pitch.  Orsi looked good, but not quite as hungry and willing to look for the ball as Zanatta.  I could see what Gus was trying to do when he replaced him; Alloa's back line are not as impressive as some, and the thinking was maybe to have the young guns run at them.  Longworth on the bench for Alloa and getting about a minute of play....would love to see him back at Hampden.

When Wharton makes a mistake, it's usually an absolute howler, and so it was on Saturday, but he's played really well recently.  As has been said, we do have a physical presence now and I can see Gus staying with that.  The Dirties away this weekend on a park that won't be pristine...it won't be pretty and maybe the big man will retain his place for that.

The park was poor and it can't be too long before some press types once again call on QP to be relegated to playing at Lesser.  It does seem ridiculous that a pitch used once every two weeks is so bad, year after year.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The park was poor and it can't be too long before some press types once again call on QP to be relegated to playing at Lesser.  It does seem ridiculous that a pitch used once every two weeks is so bad, year after year.

They must be using it for something else? It was okay at the Airdrie game and not by the EF game. Looked like maybe it was used for marquee events or something?

Also, going by the seemingly ongoing "one strike and youre out" policy- Im campaigning hard for Frank McKeown to be dropped following that one mistake he made in the game for Queens best chance. Might have been the only thing he did wrong, but this matters not- bring out the guillotine 

;)

31 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Also, going by the seemingly ongoing "one strike and youre out" policy- Im campaigning hard for Frank McKeown to be dropped following that one mistake he made in the game for Queens best chance. Might have been the only thing he did wrong, but this matters not- bring out the guillotine 

;)

I actually thought about doing a video to point out the many "one mistake" made but it's a bit like spitting into the wind. For now I'll trust the experienced football head that's employed to pick the teams.

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

;)

Still pining for Jason :P

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

For now I'll trust the experienced football head that's employed to pick the teams.

In Jim we trust. However, that doesn't mean you have to agree with every call that a manager makes. In 30 years of following football I have seen some remarkably stupid decisions by "experienced football heads employed to pick teams". 

4 hours ago, Waspie said:

In Jim we trust. However, that doesn't mean you have to agree with every call that a manager makes. In 30 years of following football I have seen some remarkably stupid decisions by "experienced football heads employed to pick teams". 

I had in my head like at least 3 mistakes that weren't in the highlights because the other team ended up no shot or shots being blocked. Another 3 in the highlights. The main reason I didn't is because I'd have to watch the entire games back to find the clips. Ain't nobody got time for that.

So on this one I'm sticking with the 'doesn't mean you have to agree with every call other fans make' route.

Can't add much more to what's already been said. Very disappointing performance and everything about the game seemed flat, which was strange considering 2nd place in the table was up for grabs. Changing formation didn't help and I would have been tempted to stick with a back three and just slot Gibby in for Scouse,..however I understand Gibby is not long back from injury and had only played a 20s match so don't blame Gus for trying something different. Just need to get things lifted again for Coatbridge, it's been far too long since we last won there   

4 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Can't add much more to what's already been said. Very disappointing performance and everything about the game seemed flat, which was strange considering 2nd place in the table was up for grabs. Changing formation didn't help and I would have been tempted to stick with a back three and just slot Gibby in for Scouse,..however I understand Gibby is not long back from injury and had only played a 20s match so don't blame Gus for trying something different. Just need to get things lifted again for Coatbridge, it's been far too long since we last won there   

probably a lot to do with the pitch then ? i thought Alloa were definately not playing football anywhere near like they can !

25 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

probably a lot to do with the pitch then ? i thought Alloa were definately not playing football anywhere near like they can !

Agreed, but then we didn't really start the game with the most creative of line-ups so Im not sure we can point the finger at the pitch too much. After the early goal there wasnt really an urgent requirement to commit too much going forward. Comfortable at the back and Queens didnt really threaten, chance at the end of the first half aside.

Flannigan and Cawley (as good as you'll get in terms of options from the bench at this level) made a big difference going forward later on and helped seal the points. Both played their part in the build up to the Kirkpatrick goal.

I thought the starting 11 selection was fairly nuts pre match- but give the manager a lot of credit, it was very effective indeed and a professional performance overall.

Archived