Spiders v Wasps

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering the poor-to-dreadful form that most of the top half are experiencing, QP must be feeling pretty damned good about the final third of the season. Promotion and relegation are still very viable results for everyone barring Livingston, and Queen's are one of the few grasping the nettle.

A win would be an excellent result for us, all things considered. Looks like a low-scoring draw to me.

8 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

If results go our way on Saturday we go 2nd in the league with a third of the season left to run ---- who would have thought ? ...........

The thread title made me chuckle. Nice one! :lol:

6 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Considering the poor-to-dreadful form that most of the top half are experiencing, QP must be feeling pretty damned good about the final third of the season. Promotion and relegation are still very viable results for everyone barring Livingston, and Queen's are one of the few grasping the nettle.

A win would be an excellent result for us, all things considered. Looks like a low-scoring draw to me.

Aye, there's no doubt there's lots to change yet. There's usually a game about 6 or 7 to go that's a six pointer and the winner kicks on so it's a bit premature for final positions. But QP fans are just having some fun while it's available. Of all the improbable scenarios how about this one. QP second or third, qualify for play-off final and match up to....St Mirren!

Two of the tightest defences in the division. QP yet to score more than 2 in a league game. Will be tight.

29 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Of all the improbable scenarios how about this one. QP second or third, qualify for play-off final and match up to....St Mirren!

Absolute fantasy. Will never happen.

St Mirren won't get near a sniff of the play-offs  :P

Goodwin picks his team for Saturday....

200px-Overhand3.jpg

I jest.

On the face of it, the last 2 results havent been bad by any means, and I think for the most part we've been playing well. Just need to turn more draws into wins if we want to cement our place in promotion play-offs, and keep that (now very slim) hope of catching Livingston.

The large playing surface is crying out for Flannigan to start on Saturday. He was a revelation last time we went to Hampden and his quality will make a big difference.

I suspect Mackin will keep his place up front. If the intention was to bring someone in solely to take the burden of putting the ball in the back of the net from Spence, fair enough. Early days yet (Ive only seen the boy play 1 full game and 2 parts) but Ive not seen too much to suggest the lad offers something notably different from Greig. And if its a case of playing one or the other, Im not sure that really helps us.

Anyway, quite a pivotal game this, hopefully a big performance and 3 points.

Looking forward to this one, having watched qp on saturday expect nothing other than a tough game against a very organised side.

As previously stated i have no idea what team will be picked either.

Glad big ross millen wont make this one as i think he is a great player.

Having said all of that i think we will win but after a tough battle.

I think the "draws are killing us" argument would carry more weight if they were games we deserved to win. I think most Alloa fans other than Wasps1 would be honest enough to say most of the above scores were fair results rather than being 2 points dropped. In fact I'd go as far to say that one or two of these draws were a tad fortunate.

2 hours ago, Sixtyten said:

I think the "draws are killing us" argument would carry more weight if they were games we deserved to win. I think most Alloa fans other than Wasps1 would be honest enough to say most of the above scores were fair results rather than being 2 points dropped. In fact I'd go as far to say that one or two of these draws were a tad fortunate.

Not at all fella wasps 1 agree with it all

Alloa deserved the win. Wharton, not for the first time, gifted a goal by letting it bounce and then left his header back to Muir short and Spence was never going to miss. We looked really uncomfortable with the back four and it took an outstanding Muir save to keep Alloa from going two up. It was pretty scrappy for the rest of the half, although Woods missed a sitter,

More of the same in the second half. Huffed and puffed, but didn't really do anything. Alloa hit the post and then scored an absolute peach of a second to claim the points they merited. Not a great performance, but there will be better days.

Archived