Ayrshire league changes

ayrshireTD

I think to keep a healthy balance and a competitiveness take one look at the super first junior division. 14 teams 4 relegated 2 auto promoted and 1 in a play off. The most competitive junior league about. If plausible changing the format into something similar for the 3 leagues would be interesting also. Means every points a prisoner especially if the league becomes a one or 2 horse race. It gives u a battle for 3rd place and a battle at the relegation spots. As i said just an idea. 

I understand the ranking system i do. But its certainly not feasible if all teams are not participating in the re jig. Needs to be fair if they are going to do it. Theres far better ways to re structure without annoying the vast majority of teams and this proposal is not one. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Graham3179 said:

And Xavi, in your proposal - Dean have moved from the 2nd tier to the 4th tier, Coylton & Dalry are promoted from the 3rd division but are still in the bottom league and Beith and Lochan are moved down a league despite avoiding relegation.  I understand the concept of what you're doing but are those changes any more or less fair?  Any regional leagues would have to change every season depending on who gets promoted / relegated and would need to involve play-offs, those are all issues that teams didn't like before.

I can see what you are saying Graham but I really don't think that's an issue.

Dean are currently in the relegation position in the first, IF they are relegated at the end of the season, they would be 2 divisions away from the Premier League.  In the reconstruction model I used, they would be in the bottom division but would only be 2 divisions away from the Premier, the same as what would happen next year, so I don't think they are being penalised.

Again, Coylton and Dalry, if promoted would be two leagues away from the Premier in current system, the same as they would be in reconstruction. I accept that the other teams in the bottom division would get a benefit of moving up a division while not having gained promotion.

Beith and Lochan aren't moved down a league, currently 2 leagues away from the Premier, which would be the same in reconstruction.  Wallacetoun were the other team to benefit as they stayed in South first due to numbers in the South, however it was only for illustrative purposes and doesn't necessarily need to be that.

I think while the above is not perfect, I think it seems more logical than a play off system every season.  Or alternatively as was suggest, a Premier, First, South 2nd and North 2nd.

I think a premier, first and two second divisions works best, whether regionalised or some other form of separation, the only problem I'd have with regional leagues is the regional cups such as James Scott and thistle bar trophy, these cups I'd like to see as a preseason group style thing like the Ardagh in the juniors then 1/4 finals etc later on.

Might Aswell shove ma oar in here. 

Personally av no gripe with the aafa although on occasion I've had a pop at them on this site for different reasons. This time I'm going to take my hat off too them for trying to be creative and doin somethin different out the box .. it seems that it hasn't gone down well for which ever reason some people can find . 

People fear change it's human nature , but after 1/2 years of this it'll be the norm . Same was said years ago about ditchin the regional leagues.. it looks a great idea for teams , u play 6 games and if u are as good or as bad as u think then ul be put into the league you deserve , remember the saying the cream rises to the top .

all sides are still in every cup competition as far as I can see so a different start to the new season should be exciting for all involved .. if u a first division side then you  should win ur mini section and be in the first division fighting for the title ,  second division side should be second etc... 

my only thing which I would change is for this season coming because it's being billed as a " league reconstruction " hat the premier teams be put into the mini sections also and seed them accordingly, that way everyone is treated the same 

1 hour ago, dr lector said:

my only thing which I would change is for this season coming because it's being billed as a " league reconstruction " hat the premier teams be put into the mini sections also and seed them accordingly, that way everyone is treated the same 

I agree that the committee should be commended for trying something knew and we won't really know if it works or not until it's given a run. I personally believe though there will be far too many clubs against it so therefor not pheasable.

however if it does go through then I think they are right not to include the premier sides in it. There has to be a top league for every club to reach, a holy grail if you like, and that exists at every level of football. The clubs in the Premier have reached there and stayed there and don't deserve to be put into a seeding system with mini leagues. People may question the calibre of some of the premier teams but even outwith the top three, when was the last time someone outwith the Premier won one of the cups etc?? The poor sides in the Premier will get relegated and deservedly so but too put your top league in amongst this proposal would just be crazy in my personal opinion 

I agree that the committee should be commended for trying something knew and we won't really know if it works or not until it's given a run. I personally believe though there will be far too many clubs against it so therefor not pheasable.
however if it does go through then I think they are right not to include the premier sides in it. There has to be a top league for every club to reach, a holy grail if you like, and that exists at every level of football. The clubs in the Premier have reached there and stayed there and don't deserve to be put into a seeding system with mini leagues. People may question the calibre of some of the premier teams but even outwith the top three, when was the last time someone outwith the Premier won one of the cups etc?? The poor sides in the Premier will get relegated and deservedly so but too put your top league in amongst this proposal would just be crazy in my personal opinion 

I'm sure Shortlees won the Ayrshire and west last year while being a 1st division club

2 minutes ago, CrosshouseWav said:

I'm sure Shortlees won the Ayrshire and west last year while being a 1st division club

Shortlees have been a premier club since Cunny started them back up but if you want to split hairs like that then that's fine. I think you get my point 

The proposal has many pros and cons but from our perspective if they included the Premier League in it it's a potential kick in the teeth. We have worked hard for three years to try and get there and we almost are. Keep the same form over our last ten league games and we should be there so to then possibly finish second or third in a mini league at start off season basically writes off this season for us as a waste of time. I know we are only one club out of 48 but it would be a sore one to take 

The proposal has many pros and cons but from our perspective if they included the Premier League in it it's a potential kick in the teeth. We have worked hard for three years to try and get there and we almost are. Keep the same form over our last ten league games and we should be there so to then possibly finish second or third in a mini league at start off season basically writes off this season for us as a waste of time. I know we are only one club out of 48 but it would be a sore one to take 

That's the point tho, it's isn't fair for a team like urs that's worked hard to make the prem then be made to play a mini league to reconfirm ur place ( at best) the same way it isn't fair for The same situ in the first to happen and then that team need to do the same. As u say there are pros and cons but the cons massively outweigh the pros. It's nothing to do with scared of change as another person said. It's the. Fact this change ( on the face of it ) looks worse for the vast majority of clubs

As I said before this proposal is a smack in the nose for the well established clubs who complete their fixtures every season and consolidate themselves in their leagues or get promoted or whatever. The change is intimated purely because of the amount of clubs that fold during the season and as a result clubs who survive will now suffer. Yeah some, very few, will flourish but far more will go by the wayside before a proper competitive ball in a league is kicked

If the leagues go with the seedings, it's fair for everyone.

For every club that's in a lower league than expected, there will be a club in a better league than expected. I'm not sure how that looks worse for the vast majority of clubs?

Graham do member clubs get a vote or is it just the executive committee who vote on such matters

If the leagues go with the seedings, it's fair for everyone.

For every club that's in a lower league than expected, there will be a club in a better league than expected. I'm not sure how that looks worse for the vast majority of clubs?

Graham, you agree that the Premier League should not be included though as your proposal currently states?

Graham, you agree that the Premier League should not be included though as your proposal currently states?

I think the Premier League should be separate from this, this is also how the other league do it - they have a Premier, First and then groups.

Partly because of how the numbers worked out to give everyone 22 games, and partly because of what others on here have stated.

3 hours ago, HurlfordAFC said:

Defo a sore one to take. The same with quite a few clubs that are or have very recently worked there way up to be put back down again. The effort the hard work of clubs like yourselfs could be potentially undone with this proposal. I feel it will not go ahead. However i feel the league does need a shake up. It becomes stagnant quite quickly when clubs are playing for nowt. 

40 minutes ago, Graham3179 said:

I think the Premier League should be separate from this, this is also how the other league do it - they have a Premier, First and then groups.

Partly because of how the numbers worked out to give everyone 22 games, and partly because of what others on here have stated.

I think thats a pretty poor decision not to include premier league teams in the proposal. If they really are that superior from the rest then they shouldnt have any qualms or doubts that they will remain premier league teams after the sections. To exclude them shows disrespect to other clubs by saying they are not good enough to beat them shows a sense of elitism from the proposal makers. Again this is my opinion. 

I think thats a pretty poor decision not to include premier league teams in the proposal. If they really are that superior from the rest then they shouldnt have any qualms or doubts that they will remain premier league teams after the sections. To exclude them shows disrespect to other clubs by saying they are not good enough to beat them shows a sense of elitism from the proposal makers. Again this is my opinion. 

I honestly don't see how you can say that Barca I really don't. Every level of football has to have a pinnacle whether it be amateur, junior or professional. The teams that are in the Premier have proven they are premier teams over the course of a season, several seasons and should not have too over the course of six games. If you put your Premier League in amongst the rest then where is there for clubs to aim for? I am against the proposal and do not think any of the clubs should have to prove their worth over six games let me make that clear, but I think to include your Premier League in amongst it would make us a bit of a laughing stock and would devalue Ayrshire amateur football. As graham says, anywhere else who adopts this system do not include their Premier League in it

graham would the aafa be interested in doing a talk show like sctv? Again is a good idea and could bring something exciting and different to the league 

I'm not sure to be honest, it's not something we've discussed. Im personally not a fan but if there's a desire for it then I don't see why not.

Archived