SS GB

Waspy

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, young_bairn said:

Episode 1 was OK. There must be a decent budget thrown at this. I'm not sure the idea of a uk nazi occupation works however. Somehow seems disrespectful to those who stopped it happening.

Yep, it's up there in the "what if the Romans had discovered America?" type of historical fiction you can't take remotely seriously. As Adolf Galland put it, had the Germans attempted to invade the UK, even if they'd got a toehold ashore it still would have been a complete massacre & the only real outcome would have been the Russians steamrolling eastern Europe five years ahead of schedule whilst the Nazis were still licking their wounds.

1 hour ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Yep, it's up there in the "what if the Romans had discovered America?" type of historical fiction you can't take remotely seriously. As Adolf Galland put it, had the Germans attempted to invade the UK, even if they'd got a toehold ashore it still would have been a complete massacre & the only real outcome would have been the Russians steamrolling eastern Europe five years ahead of schedule whilst the Nazis were still licking their wounds.

Surely thats the challenge of the fiction? If its done well then it can be made believable. I havent watched this, yet, but I have recorded it but I watched Man in the high castle and the occupation of North America was done really well and definitely believable

Having said that, The Russo-German Pact was still in force in 1940 & paranoid as Uncle Joe was he wouldn't have broken it so who knows what would have happened if the Germans had invaded & we booted their bawz!!!

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 08:22, WaffenThinMint said:

Image result for Dad's Army

• 2 weeks later...

Very slow and plodding. Lots of standing around and looking, sitting around and smoking and then walking around talking about much more exciting things happening elsewhere that we're not getting to see. Will stick with it since I read the book and can't really remember the outcome but it's not as good as I'd hoped for.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the last (#5) episode. #4+5 were better than the rest at pushing the story forward and made them more enjoyable to watch. The dialogue was louder but still quite quiet in parts.

Archived