Scottish cup holders vs Hearts

Dudu Dahan pal

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You may want to check the league table and perhaps retract your post. The league is done and dusted. 

I'd hardly suggest 7pts with 12 games left is 'done and dusted'. Two points from games against Ayr and Raith is hardly stunning form. Everyone apart from QOTS look like they are going to scrapping for every point and while I understand that Falkirk, Utd and Morton will also be affected by that it's not inconceivable that one of them will go on a good run between now and end of the season. I certainly wouldn't be backing hibs at 1/8 for automatic promotion.

Just now, RussellAnderson said:

Aye he was instrumental for Wigan.....

It doesn't matter what role he played.  He still has winners medals and much more money than he would have staying at Aberdeen.

1 minute ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I'd hardly suggest 7pts with 12 games left is 'done and dusted'. Two points from games against Ayr and Raith is hardly stunning form. Everyone apart from QOTS look like they are going to scrapping for every point and while I understand that Falkirk, Utd and Morton will also be affected by that it's not inconceivable that one of them will go on a good run between now and end of the season. I certainly wouldn't be backing hibs at 1/8 for automatic promotion.

You're off your rocker then.  The league is over.  

looking forward to visiting our home from home in mount florida again tbh. 

1 minute ago, getdoon said:

St Johnstone 3-0 Dundee United
Rangers 0-2 St Johnstone
Falkirk 0-3 St Johnstone
Motherwell 1-2 St Johnstone.

2006/2007. Finished behind Gretna in the league. Cup games are not and never have been a reliable basis for predicting how a team will do in a higher league.

You finished behind Gretna in a lower league struggling against poor sides.

when we play teams that don't 100% sit behind the ball and go out to wreck the game we usually come out on top.  Just like the league cup semi against St Johnstone.  

It doesn't matter what role he played.  He still has winners medals and much more money than he would have staying at Aberdeen.

This is a different argument. I'm not saying he hasn't been successful, I'm saying he's perhaps not very good, and certainly he hasn't proven himself in the Scottish top flight.

It's a pointless discussion, we'll never know until we actually get promoted. I'm confident we'll be top 6 but can understand other fans points. 

The gap at the top of the Championship and bottom of the Prem isn't that big. All the team who have went up recently have done well and they also carry abit of momentum from just winning games all season before. We'll be fine when we get up but let's just concentrate on getting over the line first. 

It's a comment that gets me particularly rattled and seething, but because its similar (but distinct) from the Sportsound "Get Hibs and Rangers back where they belong" brigade.

Fair play. If you think you can handle it, come on up and challenge. We can talk this time next year.

It's a pointless discussion, we'll never know until we actually get promoted. I'm confident we'll be top 6 but can understand other fans points. 

The gap at the top of the Championship and bottom of the Prem isn't that big. All the team who have went up recently have done well and they also carry abit of momentum from just winning games all season before. We'll be fine when we get up but let's just concentrate on getting over the line first. 

Spot on. These things go in cycles. Hibs and Aberdeen were both struggling Prem sides for years. St J have found recent consistency. Motherwell had a few years as a top side. Caley have had Top 6 finish(es??).

Who's to say Killie/Ross Co/Dundee/Thistle might not find a bit of consistency in the next few years and become regular top 6 sides. Utd/Falkirk/Morton could come up alongside Hibs.

Too many variables.

Incidentally, Hibs have the chance to set a second tier record with the least goals conceded in a season, if they avoid letting in any more than 10 goals in their next 12 games they will beat the joint record held by St Johnstone in 96/97 and St Mirren in 04/05 of 23.

Since the 2012 final Hibs have beaten Hearts 3 times in the Scottish Cup whilst Hearts have won 2 games in total in the Scottish Cup. :lol:

Hibs have won the same amount of Scottish Cup games since we won it in 2016 as Hearts have since they won it in 2012. :lol:

Special relationship :lol:

A question for the hibees . Who do you think will leave Easter road in the summer .think this's current hibs team as it is now would be at least top 6 but fully dependent on keeping hold of key players and if any do leave managing to find suitable and almost like for like replacements . Likes of Cummings would probably do decent at a mid level championship club ......

or a ressurgent title charging frank de boer led rangers :whistle

4 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

No one is taking a step down by joining the ****.

Ok ignore my tongue in cheek quip at the end . Who are you slightly doubtful at holding onto . Can't see Celtic with the progress they have made recently likely to sign a hibs player , that's not disrespecting hibs just think Celtic will be looking at higher calibre players with Europe In mind .maybe Aberdeen might try their luck on some of your players . But think some interest might come from English championship particularly if you's were to at least make the final again .

2 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Ok ignore my tongue in cheek quip at the end . Who are you slightly doubtful at holding onto . Can't see Celtic with the progress they have made recently likely to sign a hibs player , that's not disrespecting hibs just think Celtic will be looking at higher calibre players with Europe In mind .maybe Aberdeen might try their luck on some of your players . But think some interest might come from English championship particularly if you's were to at least make the final again .

Cummings and McGinn are obviously the two standouts who are also on long term contracts. That rules out Aberdeen straight away. We also can match them in wages imo. 

We're like any other club in Scotland that if a bid comes in from down south and it matches our valuation they'll be off. Just can't compete with the money down there. 

Archived