Scottish cup holders vs Hearts

Dudu Dahan pal

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

Rules were changed in the summer.

If he made the tackle outside the box he would have been sent off, I think.

I had no idea about this, it makes sense as a penalty is a fair reward if a goal scoring opportunity is denied through a misplaced tackle. 

In a nutshell, if a player denies an obvious goal scoring opportunity anywhere on the pitch by handling the ball they are sent off.

If they deny an obvious goal scoring opportunity by committing an offence in their own penalty area and a penalty is awarded then they are cautioned unless they 1) pulled, pushed or held back their opponent; 2) they make no attempt to play the ball; or 3) the foul committed would require a red card to be issued anywhere else on the pitch (serious foul play or violent conduct).

If the offence falls under any one of those three and is committed in the penalty area and denies an obvious goal scoring opportunity then its a penalty and a red card. 

We didn't win because Hearts have foreign players. We won because our players are better and our manager is better. 

That result against The **** simply papered over the cracks, this Hearts team are an absolute gang.

I wouldn't say your players are necessarily better either. I mean they're better than Malaury Martin, but on the whole they're pretty similar.

There was a hell of a lot more balance to Hibs though. The system looked well explained and, as written in the Scotsman, needed to be overhauled in the opening stages following Humphrey's injury. Lennon has to take a lot of credit for that.

There was a feeling of bewilderment at half time with the folk around me as to just how shit Hearts were, not only how little passion they had but just a total lack of direction. I don't watch many Hearts games, the Rangers game at Tynecastle game they were good but some of the goals were down to individual errors from the Rangers players but against Hibs in the first leg they just look like a group of mostly pretty big players that are thrown together with no real plan or direction and no leadership. They didn't change their approach last night when 2 down and just looked completely indifferent most the game, I would be fuming if i was a Jambo after witnessing that.

Delighted with the win but had a real feeling of disappointment at the end. This was our chance to really humiliate these no marks and how it only finished 3-1 is a complete mystery. Their first attempt and I mean attempt on goal took until the 58th minute and their 3 shots on target all happened at the penalty. An absolutely shocking football team with no direction, no discernible management and a glory hunting fanbase that will desert them quicker than Alan Prestons vocabulary.........glorious......

I'm not sure how anyone can say man for man we aren't better.  Walker would get in our team and wee cup the baws as a sub but that's about it.  And that was without our best defender Hanlon and Dylan Mcgeough, losing our winger in second min, a sickness bug and Fyvie being unwell.

Well and truely owned. I genuinely can't remember the last time Hearts where the better side in a derby.  Certainly not since Butcher left. 

I'm not sure how anyone can say man for man we aren't better.  Walker would get in our team and wee cup the baws as a sub but that's about it.  And that was without our best defender Hanlon and Dylan Mcgeough, losing our winger in second min, a sickness bug and Fyvie being unwell.
Well and truely owned. I genuinely can't remember the last time Hearts where the better side in a derby.  Certainly not since Butcher left. 

I guess we'll find out next season. IMO Hearts have done pretty well since returning to the top flight.

Based on the last few seasons IF hibs come up at the end of this year, they may be fighting it out for one top 6 spot. Now, they may be favourites for that spot but I'd by no means say they are guaranteed it.

Man for man you were better last night but in isolation, I'm not sure. It's pretty close. Quite a few of your players are unproven playing regularly at a top flight level.

Quite a few of your players are unproven playing regularly at a top flight level.

So what?

Just because John McGinn hasn't played 400 games in the top flight it doesn't mean Keith Lasley is a better central midfielder than him.

That lines a lot of shite. You can just see by watching them actually play how good or bad they are. They're easily a top 6 team.

Their relegation seems to have gave them a right kick up the arse, their record against top flight teams since that aswell must be very decent.

Archived