Raith v Hibs

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Performance probably more important that the result in this one for us.  Any points would be a bonus, lets have a look at what we have under Yogi in a free no pressure game.  Interesting to see his formation does Yogi favour a formation over the years or has it changed depending on the players? Hopefully Hibs distracted by the Hearts game and we can nick something as we really need a lift in confidence.   

After this we go on a run of 4 games where we play QOTS, Ayr, St Mirren and Dumbarton.  Would take a draw just now if you offered it but at the very least looking for a positive performance to set us up for a make or break run of games.

This is a gimme for Hughes. Low expectation levels for a result. If he gets a draw to stop the rot he'll have done well.

The crucial games are the next four fixtures after this game, especially the Ayr and St Mirren games.

Hopefully Yogi lives up to his reputation and puts an end to hoofball at Starks.

Oh and a message to the Board, just in case any of them are lurking: See the next time a manager starts making noises about needing a big guy up front and you notice that virtually every 'attack' is a big hopeful punt up field? Sack the manager on the spot. In fact, do better research before the interviews and if he's your typical Scottish long ball dinosaur, don't employ him.

Won't make this which I'm pretty disappointed about, especially after seeing most of the matches in this long hopeless run.

Don't see us getting a result, I think ironically the Hibs side which will play against Hearts on Tuesday would've given us a shot with Holt, Bartley, Fyvie etc slowing play down a little. If they freshen up as I expect they will with the likes of Humphrey and Boyle their pace will hurt us. 

But, it's a freebie for Hughes. A chance to show an immediate impression and hopefully we see a few of the players showing signs of improvement, I don't expect sweeping changes to the way we try to play though, only Ross Matthews can really pass a ball from our midfield options and M'Voto is as awkward as they come on the deck at centre back. Only so much a manager can do about that (it actually wouldn't be a huge shock to me to see Hughes drop M'Voto for Craig Barr in the longer term). 

Our options up front are appalling too, I was halfway through posting that I'll be pleased if Hughes doesn't put Skacel or Stevenson on the park but realistically that'll mean McManus and Stewart playing 90 minutes for the rest of the season. Locke really has made a complete mess of our squad. 

1-3. Maybe we should've kept Locke for one more game, he can't lose against Hibs. 

11 minutes ago, Paco said:

Our options up front are appalling too, I was halfway through posting that I'll be pleased if Hughes doesn't put Skacel or Stevenson on the park but realistically that'll mean McManus and Stewart playing 90 minutes for the rest of the season. Locke really has made a complete mess of our squad. 

We have Ryan Hardie too. Agree with the main point though. I don't see a lot of goals in midfield or upfront. I think Hardie, Stewart and McManus are all very similar strikers and we miss a number 10 to link the midfield and strikers.

Lewis Vaughan is obviously ideal for that role but thanks to Locke we are left with Skacel and Stevenson as the only 2 players in our squad suited to that position.

Just now, R.R.FC said:

We have Ryan Hardie too. Agree with the main point though. I don't see a lot of goals in midfield or upfront. I think Hardie, Stewart and McManus are all very similar strikers and we miss a number 10 to link the midfield and strikers.

Lewis Vaughan is obviously ideal for that role but thanks to Locke we are left with Skacel and Stevenson as the only 2 players in our squad suited to that position.

Somehow I forgot about Ryan Hardie. He might be the only player we have capable of scoring. In their last 20 appearances, Declan McManus has two goals, and Mark Stewart has three. Skacel has no goals in his 21 appearances, and Stevenson has no goals in his six (impressively we've lost all six).

So yeah. No pressure, Ryan...

Really looking forward to this, purely on the Yogi appointment. If we can grab a draw I'll be more than pleased. As mentioned previously, as long as we can tell Yogi has had some impact this week. If we can get 10 points or more from the next 6 games I'll be delighted. I reckon we'll opt for a team similar to this, a make shift 4-5-1/4-4-2/4-3-2-1 depending on how the game pans out, if Cuthbert is fit obviously have him in goals, but until that's announced, Brennan it is. Optimistic 1-1.
IMG_1487067577.609831.jpg

Bit of a double whammy really, the obvious solution to McHattie being out would've been Thomson to left back and Davidson to right back, as happened in our last match against Hibs.

Why is it always matches against Hibs? Over the past two seasons we've had Iain Davidson, Grant Anderson, David Bates, Scott Robertson and Ross Matthews all filling in totally out of position at full back. This time I'd probably give Craig Barr a go. We just never seem to have both full backs available. 

Maybe after Locke's masterclass against Morton, Mark Stewart can play there.... :lol:

Probably go with Thomson at right back with Bene on the left and Barr and M'Voto as the centre backs. After that there's the midfield to sort out and that's where I hope that Hughes gives Matthews an extended run in the centre of midfield and doesn't try and shoehorn him in somewhere else. Ideally Craig Barr would be his partner but not this week.

I watched the U20s last night and there are some right good players in there, especially in defence and midfield. It would be refreshing if some of them made the bench on Saturday with the genuine intention of playing them if the need arose.

53 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Yogi is a rasper. Rovers are just jobbies. Hibs are mediocre. 1-1 draw and nobody will care.

Who cares what you think! You should have got leishman to take  pens last night cos if he had missed he would have denied  all knowledge you townie twat

28 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Who cares what you think! You should have got leishman to take  pens last night cos if he had missed he would have denied  all knowledge you townie twat

Say that out loud, absolutely pish patter.

Any hibs fans know how many tickets you have sold?

Will Police Scotland decide it's PATG at lunchtime as per usual?

We're not playing and I'm close so thinking of heading along to this one.

Archived