Raith v Hibs

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Stevenson's Rocket!

WnDXE4B.gif

:lol: Right before that clearance, me and my mate were moaning about how he's meant to be up front, but was sitting so deep he was on the edge of the center circle and wasn't keeping up with play...

Two cracking goals in a game which was by and large devoid of any decent chances. 

The only reason I can think to return to the diamond in the league is to do a Chelsea 2014/15 post-Christmas shitfest to the title; couple of teams below taking points off each other and us usually taking four points a fortnight to keep it ticking along.

We're in the second tier ffs, just go out and play. If Cummings wasn't bailing him out constantly, the shithouse style we're going with could have really backfired by now as well.

How long is Lennon's contract? Hopefully no longer than two years.

What's the story with McGinn? Any time I've seen him, he's been superb. No disrespect to Hibs, who are a big club, but how is he still playing in the Scottish Championship? Does he not do it consistently? Is he injury prone?

[emoji38] Right before that clearance, me and my mate were moaning about how he's meant to be up front, but was sitting so deep he was on the edge of the center circle and wasn't keeping up with play...
Two cracking goals in a game which was by and large devoid of any decent chances. 

Think it was part of our game plan to have him drop deep be a nuisance and let Barr and Stewart use their pace beyond him. It worked very well although Barr didn't have a great game.

2 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

The only reason I can think to return to the diamond in the league is to do a Chelsea 2014/15 post-Christmas shitfest to the title; couple of teams below taking points off each other and us usually taking four points a fortnight to keep it ticking along.

We're in the second tier ffs, just go out and play. If Cummings wasn't bailing him out constantly, the shithouse style we're going with could have really backfired by now as well.

How long is Lennon's contract? Hopefully no longer than two years.

2 years. 

34 minutes ago, Kdawg said:

What's the story with McGinn? Any time I've seen him, he's been superb. No disrespect to Hibs, who are a big club, but how is he still playing in the Scottish Championship? Does he not do it consistently? Is he injury prone?

Great young player more than likely disillusioned with Lenny's tactics like the rest of the team. He has produced it in flashes this season but the team as a whole are not performing.

He's been good this season considering he was needing that Op on his ankle for most of the season. He's been good since coming back, never saw yesterday's game though.

You didn't miss a great deal. Wednesday night is going to be a great atmosphere but an absolute slog on the pitch.

Just now, throbber said:

You didn't miss a great deal. Wednesday night is going to be a great atmosphere but an absolute slog on the pitch.

I'm confident Lennons words will get a positive reaction from the players, they should be up for it anyway tbh. Think we're lacking a bit of creativity atm hopefully he can find an answer for that on Wednesday.

I'm confident Lennons words will get a positive reaction from the players, they should be up for it anyway tbh. Think we're lacking a bit of creativity atm hopefully he can find an answer for that on Wednesday.

They definitely lack creativity, I'm a big fan of having Holt, Cummings, Boyle and Humphreys to rotate about depending on how the game is going and think Boyle is a great impact sub when things need a shake up. Would start with Holt on Wednesday and put Boyle on at the hour mark if things aren't looking too good.

Think Hibs will be more up for it and have less to lose and fancy them to shade it but I'm not expecting it to be pretty.

we need 3 in midfield. Can't allow ourselves to be dominated in there. But if we play 3 in there along with two wingers then we lack physicality up top. I'd like to see Holt and Cummings but I'd like to see Humphrey and Boyle play too. Dilemma 

Boyle Fyvie McGinn Humphrey

Cummings Holt

4-4-fackin2.

51 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Boyle Fyvie McGinn Humphrey

Cummings Holt

4-4-fackin2.

This what I'd like to see every week, there's always the option of playing an extra midfielder instead of Holt.  Wouldn't mind Cummings up front on his own if he's getting service from wingers or centre midfielders.

Archived