Raith v Hibs

Its a fair enough comment and nothing was said about anyone being rubbish. I thought we started better but faded again, which we usually did under Locke, so no change there. It'll take a couple of games for Hughes to find his best set up, I do think we're less likely to go down now, just because Hughes will change things until he gets them playing how he wants.

He literally described players as rubbish.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Big Berk said:

Its a fair enough comment and nothing was said about anyone being rubbish. I thought we started better but faded again, which we usually did under Locke, so no change there. It'll take a couple of games for Hughes to find his best set up, I do think we're less likely to go down now, just because Hughes will change things until he gets them playing how he wants.

The same players that were rubbish for Locke were rubbish today

5 hours ago, Alyn Stevenson said:

It's hard to say if the subs halted the momentum as it was seconds after they came on the free kick was awarded then scored.

The introduction of a substitute is normally a like for like, however todays 'tripple' fucked up big style.

McManus should have been held back until Johnston and Coustrain were in position to relay instructions.

The subs came onto the pitch whilst the team were in their own half and the back 3/4 didn't have time to settle.

In his interview Yogi did state that he 'was flying by the seat of his pants' so having only watched 90 minutes of a Development game prior to today plus training it is no surprise that things may go wrong.

I can't see him and Lennon falling out tbh, Neil went to Dylan's house personally to sign him for Celtic. I'm sure they are pretty close and always speak highly of each other. 

I read somewhere he got injured again before the Hearts game which seems much more believable because he's made of glass. Fantastic player but he's never going to reach the level he should due to injuries. 

16 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I can't see him and Lennon falling out tbh, Neil went to Dylan's house personally to sign him for Celtic. I'm sure they are pretty close and always speak highly of each other. 

I read somewhere he got injured again before the Hearts game which seems much more believable because he's made of glass. Fantastic player but he's never going to reach the level he should due to injuries. 

I read you didn't see Hibees in Europe because you didn't have the cash

One thing I've noticed about John Hughes since he's come in is that he has the very infectious nature. He's spoken a few times now about dragging the level of the club up and it's absolutely refreshing to hear. Speaks with an honesty and a passion that Gary Locke lacked. I can't wait to et right behind him for he rest of the season.

I see he's come in and straight away singled out Ross Callachan for praise, too [emoji6]

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

One thing I've noticed about John Hughes since he's come in is that he has the very infectious nature. He's spoken a few times now about dragging the level of the club up and it's absolutely refreshing to hear. Speaks with an honesty and a passion that Gary Locke lacked. I can't wait to et right behind him for he rest of the season.

I see he's come in and straight away singled out Ross Callachan for praise, too emoji6.png

Callachan is a great servant, however his poise lets him down, his stance lets him down.

His legs are too far apart, limiting his mobility thus he gives the ball away far too cheaply.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Fucking hell, legs too far apart is a new one. Could've been a great player but for being lumbered with a fine set of child bearing hips.

Keep an open mind, watch him in the next game, his poise is awful, he gives the ball away 9/10 because his stance is too open.

Yes he can win a ball, but he struggles to keep it in midfield all because of his stance.

This has been obvious for years.

You're just never pleased are you? Who was rubbish today in your opinion?

Brennan, Thompson, Stevenson, McManus and Johnston were all hopeless. Just like they have been nearly every week.

I know Stevenson scored but his general play is nowhere near good enough.

The positive side was we were much more organised defensively but when you look at the complete lack of attacking threat we have Hughes has a major task ahead of him in order to turn us around.

Mind you if Locke had still been in charge I would have loved to have seen the reaction that triple substitution would have received.

Brennan, Thompson, Stevenson, McManus and Johnston were all hopeless. Just like they have been nearly every week.

I know Stevenson scored but his general play is nowhere near good enough.

The positive side was we were much more organised defensively but when you look at the complete lack of attacking threat we have Hughes has a major task ahead of him in order to turn us around.

Mind you if Locke had still been in charge I would have loved to have seen the reaction that triple substitution would have received.

I said before Stevenson scored that he was having a decent game. Was probably one of our better players going forward yesterday..

Thompson was also showing glimpses of the player he was at the start of the season.

Brennan was quite solid apart from the free kick. Although I was always nervous when he was involved.

McManus and Johnston didn't do much of note but they should never have been brought on at that point.

The blame for the second half yesterday lies solely with Hughes. His subs were awful. He did admit that himself though. He'll hopefully learn. He didn't know that McManus and Johnstone are probably the lowest on confidence in the whole time otherwise he probably wouldn't have put both players on at the same time. Coustrain, however, was outstanding at times again. Reminded me a bit of Connolly with how the ball just stuck to his feet.

In saying that, the way we passed the ball about at times was brilliant. M'Voto had a couple of wee mazy runs as well which were brilliant to see.

There aren't going to be whole-sale changes over night. I'd be looking at 6 points from the next 2 away games though. With a minimum of 4 points.

That's a good draw to stop the rot. I'm getting a mad idea about going to Dumfries on Saturday. Hopefully the urge will have left me by midweek.

Taking a scroll through various reports on here and Facebook, we scored a good goal, got a result, but generally it wasn't a great game. Hopefully we can get that elusive win soon.

It's impossible to say that Hughes is purely to blame for the second half. Nobody knows how the team would have reacted to losing a goal had there been the same personnel on the pitch.

The change WAS weird, but it's impossible to say what impact it had. Hibs had their tails up after scoring and that was always going to be the case.

I think calling Brennan dreadful, who barely put a foot wrong yesterday is harsh in the extreme. Caught everything he came for and goal aside saved everything that came at him. Should have done better at the free kick, but all of our keepers' are suspect at these.

Stevenson did well. Made things stick up top and scored a beauty. Not really sure what else anyone expected tbh.

Thomson was absolutely fine also. Some utterly bizarre criticism there.

Archived