Raith v Hibs

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to see Keatings and Cummings up top as a two instead of any of the big men. It's awful watching the ball getting punted up there. Boyle and Humphrey wide with McGinn and Fyvie in the middle.

This, Humphrey was signed to give us something different in games like these. Now he's dropped for good after a bad game? Absolute joke.

If we play the same way against Hearts we deserve to lose. Get Humphrey in and attack them and we've got a good chance.

1 minute ago, Alyn Stevenson said:

It's hard to say if the subs halted the momentum as it was seconds after they came on the free kick was awarded then scored.

Aye, fair point.

Would have been interesting to see how they impacted the game if Hibs didn't score quickly after they came on. We kinda went back into our shell when it went to 1-1.

41 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I'd like to see Keatings and Cummings up top as a two instead of any of the big men. It's awful watching the ball getting punted up there. Boyle and Humphrey wide with McGinn and Fyvie in the middle.

It's what we all want, hard to believe Lennon now has wide options but doesn't start them against teams at this level, can understand being more cautious against the jambos.

Was the free kick caused by the subs? The momentum of the game would have changed anyway with the Hibs goal, its impossible to tell what impact the change had.

That's why I said probably.

We had gained the ascendancy and then he changed things around completely. None of the subs made any sort of positive impact in the match at all.

Thought Rovers set up was pretty interesting today.

Barr and Stewart seemed to be our furthest forward players, with Stevenson in behind, but the two 'forwards' both seemed really far apart, presumably by design, with them both drifting pretty wide at times.

Midfield was really narrow too which was a change.

As for the three subs, that was just weird, but it's pretty difficult to suggest it had a hugely negative impact on us.

The free-kick was pinged in straight away and an equaliser was always going to lift them.

I felt we got back into it for the last ten minutes and thought we might have nicked it, but the delivery from the last couple of set-pieces was pretty disappointing.

Good to be able to celebrate a goal at the South Stand end again too. Braw.

1 minute ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Thought Rovers set up was pretty interesting today.

Barr and Stewart seemed to be our furthest forward players, with Stevenson in behind, but the two 'forwards' both seemed really far apart, presumably by design, with them both drifting pretty wide at times.

Midfield was really narrow too which was a change.

As for the three subs, that was just weird, but it's pretty difficult to suggest it had a hugely negative impact on us.

The free-kick was pinged in straight away and an equaliser was always going to lift them.

I also felt we got back into it for the last ten minutes and thought we might have nicked it, but the delivery from the last couple of set-pieces was pretty disappointing.

Good to be able to celebrate a goal at the South Stand end again too. Braw.

Reckon 3 subs at the one time not a great idea, took too long to settle down to it and certainly missed Stevenson winning the high balls McManus not known for winning headers. At least JH has had a look at most of his squad, disappointed with C Johnson when he came on and why Brennan sends high balls to the smallest man on the park I don't know

All in all a good point but lets be clear Hibs weren't that great today according to Lennon.

44 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Was the free kick caused by the subs? The momentum of the game would have changed anyway with the Hibs goal, its impossible to tell what impact the change had.

McManus didn't win high balls like Stevenson was doing for most of the time he was on, McManus rarely wins high balls anytime

Archived