Raith v Hibs

Looking forward to this game now that we have IMO the right man in the job.

The players are nowhere near as bad as Locke made them out to be apart from Skacel and Stevenson.

Lets hope we can get a new manager bounce now and take the 3 points against a Hibs team that will have one eye on the Derby replay the following midweek.. so I would guess would rest a few key players for it?

2-1 Raith with Mark Stewart and Bobby Barr with ours. John McGinn with Hibs

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon we'll probably still lose this game, even with Hughes in charge. He's got a week to have a look at the players and try and get them up for this match but probably not the most ideal first game to be going into. We've faired ok against Hibs this season albeit we've probably rode our luck for good chunks of the game(s). An improved performance would be a start and if we managed to sneak a draw I'd take that as a positive start to Hughes reign at the club but can't help but feel that Hibs might have to much for us on the day. Interesting to see the team Hughes puts out. If he has any ounce of footballing knowledge then he'll leave Skacel on the team bus or even better drop him off down Gorgie Road way and leave him there.

9 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

No way will we rest players here, the league is the priority.

I can see holt and Bartley dropping out and being kept fresh for the Wednesday. But I wouldn't say they'd be needed against Raith anyway. But I'd change the side anyway. I'd like to see Humphrey and Boyle come in for this one. 

Marciano 

gray 

mcgregor 

fontaine 

stevenson 

McGinn 

fyvie 

McGeouch 

boyle 

humphrey 

cummings 

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I think the league is in the bag. Falkirk play morton this weekend then morton play United. All taking points off each other. Hibs barely have to play to keep well ahead

I've been a Hibs fan long enough to know anything could happen, we better not take our eye of the ball. Nothing is won yet.

The big man has a lot of hard work ahead before Saturday. Every player needs re-coached after being poorly coached by L & J.

A draw is a decent possibility of course a win would be better, as long as he keeps above second bottom he will have done a good job

coyr

About as difficult a game as you could've asked for for your first. Not expecting miracles, really. Locke's hatred of Hibs may have got us a draw, tbh - seemed only the bigger games where we looked up for it. 

What I'm looking for here are some signs of improvement: organisation, a midfield that does something other than watch the ball get punted over its head and perhaps even a few shots on target. Basically, the reverse of the unrepentant shambles that was the Dundee United game and the bits of the Morton game I saw before the periscope stream crashed. 

Hughes' biggest challenge amongst others is getting us scoring goals again, but before that'll happen we have to actually look like scoring from something other than a set piece. 

The last game we played to the Raith centre halves strengths by knocking balls into the box and playing the whole game in front of them. Humphrey was brought in for games like this to help unlock defences so I would definitely start him and probably Boyle to give us pace on the other side as well. 

It will be harsh to drop Bartley after playing so well yesterday but he doesn't suit us in this type of game. Hanlon possibly due back this week as well, get him in asap and leave Shinnie in Edinburgh.

After this we go on a run of 4 games where we play QOTS, Ayr, St Mirren and Dumbarton.  Would take a draw just now if you offered it but at the very least looking for a positive performance to set us up for a make or break run of games.

Quite happy with Hibs being the first game for Hughes actually.

Gets a game under his belt with absolutely no pressure or expectation.  Would much rather that than him jumping into a game vs Ayr/St Mirren etc with a nervy South Stand. 

I'd want us to play 4-3-3. Quick wide players in for Holt and Keatings. Bartley dropped out for McGeough. Raith will raise their game with Hughes in the dugout. The league is the priority as stated above and a win here would be massive for us in the title race, nothing is won yet. If Humphrey and Boyle perform we'll cause Raith more problems than we have in the past couple of games. 

Like most others I will be satisfied with some tangible signs of improvement from recent home performances.

Four home defeats out of four in 2017. Two goals scored and ten conceded. Things have got to get better, surely?

Do I detect some optimism from our most dour supporter? Surely not.

In saying that, I'm also hoping for a turn around in form.

I always quite enjoy our games against Hibs.

Archived