Dumbarton V Ayr United 18/2/17

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having watched the highlights I haven't changed my opinions much about anything during the game. Buchanan's "deliberate" injuring of McDaid was so bad that is isn't even in the highlights. Same with the first "stonewall" penalty claim for handball. 

The red card looks just as bad in the highlights. Anyone trying to claim that isn't a sending off is completely bonkers. With the challenge from Nade on Boyle, having watched it 2 or 3 times over, I'm not even convinced he makes any contact with Paddy Boyle. Red card :lol:

Cairney just falls to the ground as if he is to tired to continue running for the free kick. The free kick does go straight through the wall, rather than it being a particularly great hit from the boy. The penalty also looks very soft, I'd be claiming for it if it was the other way - especially in those circumstances - but it looks like he is going down as the players start closing in on him.

10 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

What a massive result this will be when we hold on. Another season in the championship beckons proving we are still the best PT team in the country

1c7710c51ca5c22b26d2e729cf99e53496e2e9a83be9fa136907fb0f6bfd3e31.jpg

0000w428-1.gif~c200

10 hours ago, stu20vt said:

A win here would have put us in a great position. Now I would put money on us ending up 9th after this. Those last couple of minutes could be a turning point in our season, it's up to the players to make sure it isn't.

RUOK.jpg

9 hours ago, untitled00 said:

In my defence i was trying too get an image of the Ayr jakey who'd snuck a can into a pub that's £2.50 for a pint... Not my fault the dad made it look creepy as f**k....

Did you have a crywank over it?

9 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

A decent post from one of your fellow fans and you continue to post absolute nonsense. We were passing it about well and dominating overall before the sending off made it a bit easier for us.

:lol: good gear m8?

IMG_1487484409.864479.jpg

To quote Match of the Day every single week; "It's a scissor action", so aye it's a stonewall red. Mental behaviour when he's clearly going nowhere

IMG_1487484795.747451.jpg

As you can see Nadè's is very different. The speed, the angle of approach, the fact it's one footed, the fact it's from the side and not from the back.

Anyway, think the FK for the first goal was a foul, but the penalty wasn't. Adams was practically on the ground before he had anyone near him.

That's a ridiculous tackle from Docherty. If someone had gone in like that against one of our players we'd be screaming for a red card. The fact that it's on the touchline 40 yards out makes it all the more daft. McCall needs to have a word with him about that. To be fair, Nade's challenge is a bad one too. Seen reds given for those.

Red card looks the same to me as it did at the game, clearly plays the ball first.
I can understand you wouldn't like that if the tackle was directly at an opponent, but he's off to the side and only gets collected by the trailing leg.
Guessing they'll not appeal given he's arguably out of control and overly forceful.

Iain are you from the 80s?

The fact he takes the ball literally does not matter. They won't appeal because they understand the laws of the game.

Absolutely indisputable red card for Docherty. Fair play to Harkins for gently keeping our players away from the ref as one of them could have ended up booked too.

I don't think we could complain about the Nade yellow.

Didn't look like a penalty.

After watching the highlights I'm not changing any of my opinions. Red card all day long for Doc, stupid challenge. Nade was a yellow in fact the ref got most things right.
Dumbarton were the better team, even before the red card but not by much. We didn't have much luck, except for the last few minutes, McDaid getting injured, having to take Farid off and being knackered after Tuesday night. All this conspired against us. Yes we should have lost but we showed great spirit not unlike Dumbarton at Somerset.
A lot of football still to be played, both sides far from safe. Think I would take 4 points behind with a game in hand and Sons still to visit Somerset, still confident we can finish above you guys.

Archived