Dumbarton V Ayr United 18/2/17

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

1. £18 is more expensive than Somerset which at £17 is also excessive

2. Car park was full 20 minutes before kick off had to park in a pretty unsafe area and getting out wasn't very easy due to one road access.

3. Due to the crowd size today I was forced to sit at the far right hand side of the stand making viewing of the home nets difficult.

4. Pitch as stated was extremely poor,for both sides it has to be said.

A quid. You are peeved over a quid. I'd get it if we charged Easter Road prices, but a quid between the Rock and Somerset seems about fair. Our toilets > Your toilets.

Dumbarton East. Twinned with the Bronx. We park in the blue badge bit because of my Papa, but I managed to get parked no bother for the Dundee United game when he wasn't with us. Did they just turn you away at the gate?

The away end holds 750. Ayr had (IIRC) 1 supporters bus, how many did you bring in cars/trains? Genuine question, not a dig by the way. It's near impossible to tell from the home end.

Agreed

But as I said above I'm not really sure what you could do avoid landing on him. Well, short of not ending up in the air in the first place.

He landed on him hard, when there was no need to. It was a bit naughty (and the type of thing that defenders do every week).

Just now, pandarilla said:

He landed on him hard, when there was no need to. It was a bit naughty (and the type of thing that defenders do every week).

To be fair Buchanan's a big guy. I'd imagine having him dropped on you would hurt, again though I'm still not really sure how he soften his impact.

I said on here that i wouldn't have Adams near our team again, I was wrong. Adams had a great game along with Meggat.

Sending off changed the game as up until then we were well in the game against a strong wind. 

We've done ok given the events of today and coming off a 120 min game. 

Docs challenge was madness on the touch line even though he took the ball.

Sons fans seem happy with their lot, we know we're in a battle.

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

It was a poor challenge and he was a bit naughty, certainly worthy of a word from the ref, if not a card.

That's probably a decent way of looking at it. I was more questioning the sanity of the guy claiming he went out to deliberately hurt him than anything else to be honest.

A quid. You are peeved over a quid. I'd get it if we charged Easter Road prices, but a quid between the Rock and Somerset seems about fair. Our toilets > Your toilets.
Dumbarton East. Twinned with the Bronx. We park in the blue badge bit because of my Papa, but I managed to get parked no bother for the Dundee United game when he wasn't with us. Did they just turn you away at the gate?
The away end holds 750. Ayr had (IIRC) 1 supporters bus, how many did you bring in cars/trains? Genuine question, not a dig by the way. It's near impossible to tell from the home end.
Agreed

I just think no Championship side should charge over £15, including my own team

Yes got turned away from the car park although some cars were allowed through. A football stadium needs several access roads not one.

Think we had 500 or so fans today.

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

I just think no Championship side should charge over £15, including my own team

Yes got turned away from the car park although some cars were allowed through. A football stadium needs several access roads not one.

Think we had 500 or so fans today.

I agree, I'd like a set pricing structure throughout the leagues. 6/12 13/8 15/9 something like that. Also kids U12 go free would be cool, but I doubt we'll see any of it happen whilst clubs continue to chase every last penny.

Odd that they allowed some cars through but not yourself. Our stewards are pretty jobsworthy so they probably just love being awkward. I remember being told that one of the reasons we couldn't get in a temporary stand for the Rangers game was that we didn't have a parking space for every X seats or whatever - so given today's attendance was about 1200 I'd be shocked if there was no room. As anyone who knows DFC will tell you though we can be a nightmare when it comes to common sense.

500 is a decent turnout. The home end was quite busy too which was a nice surprise. It was absolutely dead for the St Mirren game the other week, so there must've been a decent number of walk up punters lured in by the prospect of not having to buy tickets in advance.

This is a bit civil for this thread actually.

Spoiler

Ayr ure heavy rubbish, lolz

9 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Good Lord. That's shameful from myself.

Ayr United should be awarded an automatic 3-0 victory for that.

Perhaps even a timeout from posting until you've developed basic literacy skills and are old enough to make a comment that doesn't contain insults. 

Archived