Dumbarton V Ayr United 18/2/17

How much is it then? And has it been reduced since last season? How do you *know* it is a "VERY" healthy budget? Source?

Lewis Vaughan is being paid less as a full-time footballer than some of our part-time footballers.

You only have to look at the squad to see that Aitken isn't working with peanuts. It may well be less than last year, but it certainly isn't by much. Aitken also admitted himself that he overspent last year, and he knew that would impact this years budget.

Like I said, I'm fully behind him, but his budget is absolutely not an issue.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Btw what a crap hole that "stadium" was makes Methil seem quite nice. Don't know why you guys are not fully supportive of the new stadium as that place is appalling. Parking dreadful, cost excessive, view rubbish, capacity embarrassing! Must be the smallest capacity in Scotland.

:lol: 

I thought I was seething tonight, but it would seem most of South Ayrshire is far more raging. 

Thank God I'm not in Uni next week, I'd fear for my life walking down Ayr High Street to pick up my Tesco Meal Deal :lol:

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Btw what a crap hole that "stadium" was makes Methil seem quite nice. Don't know why you guys are not fully supportive of the new stadium as that place is appalling. Parking dreadful, cost excessive, view rubbish, capacity embarrassing! Must be the smallest capacity in Scotland.

It is the smallest capacity in Scotland but it's pretty high up the occupancy rate. More embarrassing is clubs with 10,000 seats which are rarely more than a fifth full. These stadiums were all built by the company owned by...........who was that again? And why do Ayr Utd have a stadium untroubled by modernisation for several decades?

^^^ dribbling mess

It was the free kick that did the damage, Aldo had the wall lined up and knew which area of the goal he had to protect, yet he didn't move for the ball, so it's either a world class strike or the keeper got it wrong, it looked like sloppy defending from where I was sitting but perhaps the highlights will clear that up.

From seeing Aldo's reaction, I wouldn't be surprised to see in the highlights the wall splitting. The strike while decent in itself wasn't directly in the corner, and from Alan's gesturing towards the wall after it hit the net, he seemed to suggest that the wall parted thus allowing the ball through. Again, highlights will clear that up. Either way, it's an error from us either the defenders in the wall or the goalkeeper for being incorrectly positioned. I'm inclined to think it'll be the former to be honest.

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

3 games gone and you still haven't beat us. Very confident we will finish season unbeaten by your rabble

Unbeaten but below us would be a bit of a riddy. Would happily take that tbqh.

Just now, Howlin' Wilf said:

It is the smallest capacity in Scotland but it's pretty high up the occupancy rate. More embarrassing is clubs with 10,000 seats which are rarely more than a fifth full. These stadiums were all built by the company owned by...........who was that again? And why do Ayr Utd have a stadium untroubled by modernisation for several decades?

Actually New Bayview and Cliftonhill are smaller league venues. 8) 1980 and 1238 compared with our 2020.

12 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

:lol: Kept going where exactly?

Imagine being this seething after seeing your team score twice in injury time with ten men.

As far through him as possible. Seething? Actually I'm delighted in stealing a point as we didn't look like getting out our own half at some parts of the second half. A defeat would have been a disaster today and somehow we managed to avoid it despite very little going our way until the last minute. 

We don't think we are world beaters, we just know we're better than Ayr. Whatever keeps you going though, big yin.

Agree with several Dumbarton fan comments however being far better in one game and still not winning certainly does not make you a better team. We utterly hammered you in the 3-0 fixture whilst we were the better side in the 4-4 game.

All these Dumbarton fans thinking their team are world beaters[emoji1]

The game was changed by the sending off, if you can't see that you know nothing about football.

The sending-off absolutely had a bearing on the game. It would be near impossible for it not to at that stage in a game.

But the fact is that we outplayed and totally dominated Ayr today, who offered absolutely nothing until their last minute hurrah.

A gang as poor as that I don't recall visiting our place in a long time, and if you think you guys were anywhere near decent and your overall performance gives you real confidence of picking up the points you need over the coming weeks then I feel for you.

What I'll concede for sure though is that you've got a great spirit. To continue to the end with 10 men and get the result is great testament to that. But on how well you played, you were awful. We're certainly not world beaters, as evidenced today, but Ayr were truly terrible today, they just had a real spirit and kept going to the end.

Just now, AyrExile said:

As far through him as possible. Seething? Actually I'm delighted in stealing a point as we didn't look like getting out our own half at some parts of the second half. A defeat would have been a disaster today and somehow we managed to avoid it despite very little going our way until the last minute. 

So you are saying Gregor Buchanan "kept going as far through Declan McDaid as possible". I'm not sure what that means tbqh, and it sounds as if you don't either.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Lewis Vaughan is being paid less as a full-time footballer than some of our part-time footballers.

You only have to look at the squad to see that Aitken isn't working with peanuts. It may well be less than last year, but it certainly isn't by much. Aitken also admitted himself that he overspent last year, and he knew that would impact this years budget.

Like I said, I'm fully behind him, but his budget is absolutely not an issue.

OK BBPF. I am not in the business of an argument with you as you are a reasonably sane poster by P&B levels. As you seem to acknowledge, his budget is indeed less than last year and results have improved. You don't know what you've got till you lose it......

OK BBPF. I am not in the business of an argument with you as you are a reasonably sane poster by P&B levels. As you seem to acknowledge, his budget is indeed less than last year and results have improved. You don't know what you've got till you lose it......

Wilf, I am by no means angling for an argument! Or wanting to come across like I am looking for one.

I'm simply highlighting that I personally believe Aitken is working with what is probably the biggest budget any manager in our history has ever had to work with. It may well be less than last season but it cannot be far off others in the league.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Agree with several Dumbarton fan comments however being far better in one game and still not winning certainly does not make you a better team. We utterly hammered you in the 3-0 fixture whilst we were the better side in the 4-4 game.

Uh huh. Where's that got you?

I feel sorry for Aitken today.

For 88 minutes he got it spot on. We give up a soft free kick in a dangerous position with 2 minutes to go. Soft or not, we simply can't give the ref a decision to make. Same with the penalty. At 2-1 we can't let Ayr run at us.

We stick an extra man on the post and perhaps that free kick doesnt go in.

We tackle outside the box instead of letting the Ayr player get the ball in there and there's no penalty.

We get a free kick for the Ayr player holding Lewis Vaughan just inside the Ayr  half immediately prior to the penalty being given and we don't lose the 2nd goal.

And if your aunty had baws she'd be your uncle. We can't look at all the things that went wrong for us in the last 2 minutes because we should have been good enough to hold on. We can't blame Aitken for that. We cant blame the ref. We can blame a collective lack of concentration in the last 2 minutes of the game. 

Archived