Dumbarton V Ayr United 18/2/17

A shameless act of burglary right enough from Ayr in the dying embers of a game where they contributed the square root of hee-haw.
Reading some of the comments from Ian McCall and the Ayr fans.
Auld Ayr wham ne'er a town surpasses for people who need a pair o' glasses!

Fail

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

:lol: Did he, aye?

The ball was away, McDaid was on the ground yet your player kept going and chose to land right on top of him. A few cynical challenges was all you had to offer until the sending off. 

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

Maybe they didn't expect it to be switched off at half time

Ray?

Just now, albundy said:

Looked a decent strike, I'm expecting a Roberto Carlos styled swerve on the shot though for a keeper of Aldo's quality to not even attempt a save.

Sometimes you just have to watch it to be honest. It's a goalkeepery thing, but occasionally you get a shot where you just think 'nope'. Well, I do anyway! I suspect if Aldo had dived for it then nobody would've given it a second thought, but he (or any other 'keeper in this league for that matter) wouldn't have got anywhere near it imho.

Aitken had his budget significantly reduced this season.

I'm fully behind Aitken, and I'd like him to stay beyond his current deal. I'd also agree with you that anyone blaming him for us drawing with the worst team to visit the Rock since it's existance is completely in the wrong.

But...

What evidence do you have for the above? From what I've heard, Aitken's budget is the most any Dumbarton manager has ever worked with.

2 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I also can't believe the comments here about Steve Aitken - some borne out of almost withering contempt and others damning with faint praise. Aitken had his budget significantly reduced this season. He is working with a part time squad and doesn't even have a full bench to call on. There's an old London saying about people who place untreal expectations on people which runs "expecting people to do wonders and shit miracles".

Aitken has done pretty well under difficult circumstances and he at least deserves a bit of credit for that.

To be fair Wilf, I imagine part of the significant reduction was due his overspend the season before. 

Just now, AyrExile said:

The ball was away, McDaid was on the ground yet your player kept going and chose to land right on top of him. A few cynical challenges was all you had to offer until the sending off. 

:lol: Kept going where exactly?

Imagine being this seething after seeing your team score twice in injury time with ten men.

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

What evidence do you have for the above? From what I've heard, Aitken's budget is the most any Dumbarton manager has ever worked with.

I have the assurance of the chairman this very day before several witnesses who are contributors here.

16 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

The wind vanishing in the second half didn't help us either. Another incident which really hindered us was the Dumbarton defender deliberately injuring McDaid. Although we made a sub this followed by a sending off really knackered our formation later in the game. 

Your head has been removed from your neck. Please hand in your vote at the door and return to the sea.

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

All these Dumbarton fans thinking their team are world beatersemoji1.png

The game was changed by the sending off, if you can't see that you know nothing about football.

We don't think we are world beaters, we just know we're better than Ayr. Whatever keeps you going though, big yin.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Indeed.

So what actual figures and/or facts do we have to back it up?

Aitken is working with a VERY healthy budget.

How much is it then? And has it been reduced since last season? How do you *know* it is a "VERY" healthy budget? Source?

Archived