Dumbarton V Ayr United 18/2/17

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It goes without saying that feels like a defeat, but whilst Ayr fans will gloat well into the night, we must take what positives we can from the game.  The main one is that we utterly dominated the match and Ayr deserved absolutely nothing today; that isn't sour grapes, just a statement of fact, and the fact they took a point is down to their spirit and our sloppiness.  Docherty's (deserved) red card didn't help them but this was one that for us definitely got away.

So we learn from today, we move on to Falkirk, and we continue to compete.

4 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

At least we are safe in the knowledge that Ayr are absolute dogshit. There is no doubt that we will pick up more points between now and the end of the season than they will

You lot have still to beat the 'dogshit'   ha ha ha ha......

I thought we were dead and buried, unbelievable to come back from 0-2 with ten men and only three minutes left. Must hurt if you're a Sons fan [emoji23]

All for nought if we don't get a positive result next week though.

A point suits us far more than it does Ayr. Even if they miraculously win their game in hand they are still a point behind us, having not won in the league since f**k knows when, we shouldn't be anything close to getting into a panic.

Absolutely criminal from us, zero excuses. Today at least highlights that Ayr are utter dugshite and we should have nothing to fear going into the final stretch of the season.

I don't think I've seen us dominate a match so much in my life. Even in the old 3rd division. No amount of WKD fueled posts from the 'Ayr boiz making all the noise' should deflect from that. It's just a shame we absolutely fuckin shat the bed. Stevie needs to get them by the scruff of the neck and make sure they are back at it next week.

Nothing to with the game, but I saw our stewards take water bottles from the Ayr players sitting in the stand. I don't think they could believe it but rules are rules.

I still can't believe that result. Bossing the game until that free kick. I feel sorry for the 500 so called Ayr fans that gave up on their team and missed that finish. That's why you shouldn't leave the game early.

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It goes without saying that feels like a defeat, but whilst Ayr fans will gloat well into the night, we must take what positives we can from the game.  The main one is that we utterly dominated the match and Ayr deserved absolutely nothing today; that isn't sour grapes, just a statement of fact, and the fact they took a point is down to their spirit and our sloppiness.  Docherty's (deserved) red card didn't help them but this was one that for us definitely got away.

So we learn from today, we move on to Falkirk, and we continue to compete.

I agree with your post, although we could be sitting pretty in 6th, 7 points above 9th place. The other teams around us all have games in hand too. We can't afford to be so charitable in future games.

Still feel nauseous. 2-0 up against 10 men with 2 minutes left.  Absolutely disgraceful.

Taking Smith off was moronic and Aitken has to take some blame for that imo.  That being said he wasn't the one on the pitch passing about the cigars.

Before the game I would have taken a draw but the way it panned out anything but a win is unforgivable.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

What's, ehm, happening in that image...

Any suggestions on things to smash up? The last time I felt this angry because of something that happened at a football match I kicked a goal, broke my boots and my toe. Something less painful than that would be nice.

I'm guessing it's a dad zipping up his son's coat for him. The fact some utter weirdo is taking a photo of a young child is very alarming though.

I'd post something smug about how well the Dumbarton fans are taking this but after following Ayr all my life I'll refrain cause f**k knows what will happen over the next few weeks.

They can say all they like about how we haven't gained anything on them (without a hint of irony given how they reacted after the 4-4 game) but a point in those circumstances feels more like a win. Onto St Mirren now.

I'm guessing it's a dad zipping up his son's coat for him. The fact some utter weirdo is taking a photo of a young child is very alarming though.

In my defence i was trying too get an image of the Ayr jakey who'd snuck a can into a pub that's £2.50 for a pint... Not my fault the dad made it look creepy as f**k....

Archived