Aberdeen v Motherwell - 15/2/17

2 hours ago, Mr Pikey said:

as if getting humped 7-2 isn't bad enough, going in to work the next day and having to listen to Rangers fan's puerile ramblings about the conspiracy to keep them off second place done my head in. These deluded twats actually think our fans / players / management  were happy with that result..Aye its great to take time off work , spend hard earned money , travel up to Aberdeen midweek to see yer team pumped cos Rangers  ended up third in the league. Get in the sea you c***s.Celticesque levels of delusional paranoia from this mob these days

You're not serious, surely?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Those were decent highlights, although I suppose with 9 goals it would be hard not to have decent highlights!

Bit baffled by the penalty decision.

Must say at the time I thought it was never a pen but had rather gone beyond caring.

as if getting humped 7-2 isn't bad enough, going in to work the next day and having to listen to Rangers fan's puerile ramblings about the conspiracy to keep them off second place done my head in. These deluded twats actually think our fans / players / management  were happy with that result..Aye its great to take time off work , spend hard earned money , travel up to Aberdeen midweek to see yer team pumped cos Rangers  ended up third in the league. Get in the sea you c***s.Celticesque levels of delusional paranoia from this mob these days

[emoji1] unbelievable

We used to be subjected to this on quite a regular basis, hence the whole 'abergreen' thing.

Despite the fact we were just shite and lost regularly to both of them obviously when Celtic beat us we had rolled over to help them win the league and when rangers beat us it was just because rangers were so pure brilliant.

[emoji42]

Heard a short bit on the radio last night where McFadden said that he and McGhee asked the head of the refs to come and explain what was and wasn't a red card to them.

So basically admitting that they don't know the rules. Unacceptable for a manager.

I think you just have to accept that due to human nature, referees will get things wrong, as will players and managers. If you aren't an utter moron and total coward, you will take responsibility for losing and not blame the ref. As I've said before, it's not the ref who decides to not mark someone, it's not the ref who misses an easy chance, it's not the ref who flies in to a challenge worthy of a red card, it's not the ref who makes a shite pass that is intercepted, etc etc.

45 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

So basically admitting that they don't know the rules. Unacceptable for a manager.

Well, it's not, really what they're saying. Motherwell have been on the end of red cards, when similar challenges have gone for yellows.

They've asked for an explanation on this. Unsure why you're quite so upset about Motherwell's manager.

12 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Well, it's not, really what they're saying. Motherwell have been on the end of red cards, when similar challenges have gone for yellows.

They've asked for an explanation on this. Unsure why you're quite so upset about Motherwell's manager.

The explanation most likely is how the ref saw it at the time from their vantage point. If they had a replay then they would most likely have made a different decision. But they don't, they have a split second and not always a clear view.

No idea where you're getting the upset nonsense from unless you're blindly parroting a boring trope used by dullards on here

It's a bit of a minter to be claiming an anti-Well bias though

10 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

It's a bit of a minter to be claiming an anti-Well bias though

I don't think anyone at the club is seriously claiming that. McGhee may or may not said "if that was Motherwell etc..." in the heat of a match but we'd be kidding ourselves to think people feel strongly enough about us to be particularly bias against us. I believe a reporter said that word "agenda" in McFadden's press conference which was pretty cringe but I've heard nothing along those lines from the club.

What we have said is that a few decisions haven't gone our way recently which is obviously subjective. Personally I don't think McHugh's or McDonald's warrented a red but that's my (bias) view. I think these just happened to occur in consecutive games, no agenda, no bias etc and I don't think anyone at the club seriously thinks differently.

I struggle to understand why McFadden struggles to understand our dislike generally of McGhee. It all boils down to two things, perhaps three.

1. He has no class or style as a man, suggesting on the day he got the Aberdeen job that he'd have preferred to go to Celtic. No class.

2. His record at Aberdeen was and still is the worst in the history of the club and he blamed everyone but himself.

3. He said that a fan spat at him but there was no evidence. Made a huge issue about it.

For me his record is in 1st place with style and class in second. It doesn't matter now whether he scored 500 goals or no goals he's a twat in our eyes, generally. Apologies to Well fans, and good luck today I hope you score 7. 

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Those were decent highlights, although I suppose with 9 goals it would be hard not to have decent highlights!

Bit baffled by the penalty decision.

The ref didn't award it initially, the linesman ran to the corner flag and signalled or spoke to the ref.  In this day when 'contact in box' is a thing then there was contact in the box so any decision is valid.  Not a pen for me though.

Just now, ropy said:

The ref didn't award it initially, the linesman ran to the corner flag and signalled or spoke to the ref.  In this day when 'contact in box' is a thing then there was contact in the box so any decision is valid.  Not a pen for me though.

It was very soft I thought. Glad to get it but soft nevertheless.

Mark McGhee issued with Notice of Complaint

Tuesday, 21 February 2017

The Compliance Officer has issued the following Notice of Complaint:

Alleged Party in Breach: Mark McGhee (Manager, Motherwell FC)

Match: Aberdeen v Motherwell (SPFL Premiership) – Wednesday, 15 February 2017

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 203:

In that at the above you did commit misconduct, and that:

1) on or around the 59th minute of the said match you used offensive, abusing and/or insulting language and gestures towards a match official, and/or:

2) on or around the 60th minute of the said match you adopted aggressive behaviour towards a match official

That accordingly you committed misconduct and breached Disciplinary Rule 203 of the Scottish FA’s Disciplinary Rules.

Principal hearing date: Thursday, 16 March 2017

Mr McGhee has until Tuesday, 28 February 2017 to respond to the compliant.

Why on earth does it take the SFA so long to deal with managers?

Arsene Wenger pushed a fourth official on the Sunday, and by the Friday he had a 4-match touchline ban, effective immediately. It'll be over a month after the event before McGhee faces any punishment.

Wouldn't it make more sense to handle managers in the same way as players? Let the judicial panel come to a verdict in the week after the game, offer a punishment then go from there. 

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

Why on earth does it take the SFA so long to deal with managers?

Arsene Wenger pushed a fourth official on the Sunday, and by the Friday he had a 4-match touchline ban, effective immediately. It'll be over a month after the event before McGhee faces any punishment.

Wouldn't it make more sense to handle managers in the same way as players? Let the judicial panel come to a verdict in the week after the game, offer a punishment then go from there. 

Dunno, I was thinking the same thing.  It's a month from offence to hearing, which is mental.

Archived