Partick Thistle vs Hamilton Academical

1st half was torture for everyone involved..

Azeez and Amoo were terrible.

There was a particular incident when Barton had carried the ball from midfield to edge of Accies box, Amoo just stands at the wing wondering what he's going to have for dinner when there is a clear gap for him to run into to do a cut-back

Azeez manages to glance another free header wide

Accies won EVERY 1st ball and just about every 2nd ball, we were just lucky they were utter shite in using the ball

Edwards seems to hide when the game is a dog-fight from where I stand in the NS. Edwards was showing more for passes etc when the game was going our way but his 1st touch is still a lottery..

Doolan + Erskine clearly made the difference as others have said but Accies clearly ran out of steam due to their cup game earlier this week and had no quality whatsoever

Doolan + Erksine have to start next home game

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Partick were organised and tidy on the ball where as Accies were a shambles , we started with the usual 5 at the back setting up to not lose AGAIN and got caught out AGAIN but I expect nothing less from Clownso teams now , only MacKinnon can hold his head high today .

1st half was torture for everyone involved..
Azeez and Amoo were terrible.
There was a particular incident when Barton had carried the ball from midfield to edge of Accies box, Amoo just stands at the wing wondering what he's going to have for dinner when there is a clear gap for him to run into to do a cut-back

I know the bit you're talking about, mentioned it after the game. He could have done any number of things but stood hugging the touch line with his thumb up his arse. It's one of his biggest weaknesses, just doesn't get involved the game a lot of the time.

Accies were awful but having played 120mims midweek and missing Sarris, Crawford and D'Acol the spine of the team did anybody expect anything else. The next few weeks are tough and don't expect any points before April. We then face a 9 game battle with Caley to get in the playoff.

Can't fault anyone today. A really good 2nd half team effort. Erskine changed the game and Doolan did what he does best. Score goals! I'm glad to see Erskine be so influential as he's not had the best of seasons thus far. He is a such a good player and with Lawless also working very hard with Edwards and Osman today we really didn't miss Welsh. Which is mad as he's been our best midfielder this past 6 weeks. We've got a solid squad and some good depth.

Devine, Lindsay and Barton were very good. Keown has also been great and he couldn't get into the mix today. Full backs also keen and worked hard.

Genuinely think we have a shot at this top 6. The lads have to show more consistency and confidence but I do think they will.

I also think there is a chance we can upset Aberdeen in the Scottish cup but I don't want to get to far ahead of myself. [emoji57]

Cerny is awesome. And congrats Dools. 3 more goals to reach an impressive milestone. Keep up the hard work!

Archibald's in-game management has been suspect before, but was bang on the money today. The changes discussed led to a massive win that should put Accies firmly in the shit.

As much of a slog as the first half was with them both in central midfield, I do love having both Osman and Barton in the team. We won't lose many games with Cerny in goals and those two forming a defensive spine to the team.

7 hours ago, Griff Sheridan said:

Saw Martin Keown and Niall in Chaophraya in the city centre this evening. At least his journey north wasn't a complete waste of time, it's a fantastic restaurant!

I'm surprised Martin Keown came back up again, considering he was here for the St Johnstone defeat.

22 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Horrendous that I have to spend so much time talking about the ref but Collum was that bad. We should have had 2 players booked for tugs on MacKinnon in the first half but the Tesco Value Scott Brown had about 3 instances of dissent, a handball , and a "shoulder" into the back of Callum Booth. Think Devlin could have walked as well for the tackle he was booked for.

Agree with first part of your post. Just to give Oor Willie a few more Collum inches, I don't think he was that bad yesterday. 

I think with Mackinnon he was trying to let the game flow to a degree but Darrian and the Thistle players were going to ground so he had to blow for the foul.

A lot of fans were right on his back from the first whistle.  It was amusing to witness the tears and spotters just before halftime when Mackinnon seemed to handle when he had gone down.  It was plain to see that Collum was the wrong side of the incident and had no line of sight. I guess the linesman could have been of more assistance. 

I don't think he got anything major wrong and I appreciate the first half was that bad that folk were focused on the ref.

22 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Horrendous that I have to spend so much time talking about the ref but Collum was that bad. 

Whilst we're on refs---I absolutely detest those snidey trips like the one Watson got booked for. Absolutely no attempt to play the ball, its just a kick at a man (albeit a gentle one). Wish FIFA would man up and make it a straight red. 

Whilst we're on refs---I absolutely detest those snidey trips like the one Watson got booked for. Absolutely no attempt to play the ball, its just a kick at a man (albeit a gentle one). Wish FIFA would man up and make it a straight red. 

I dont disagree but it wasnt much worse than the one on McKinnon in the 1st half.

In the first half, I'd say it was the worst game I'd seen in a long, long time.  Absolutely turgid stuff from two teams that were absolutely dog shit.  Pitch and the conditions didn't really help, but let's not pretend that this was two teams being hamstrung by anything other than being completely shite.

Highlight of the first half was the wonderful hand ball that was missed.  I'll be fair to Collum, as I think he was in the worst possible position to see it.  McKinnon (was it him?) slid in and would have completely hidden his blatant punch.  That said, the linesman absolutely should have seen it.  He's done Collum there.  Now to not be fair to him, because he seemed absolutely intent on not showing a card.  A stricter referee would have had 2 or 3 players off for two bookable offences I imagine, he let quite a few go early on.  

We raised our game when Doolan and Erskine came on, Hamilton didn't.  For once, our last ten minutes weren't us hanging on manfully to a single goal lead, it was just about seeing how many players would end up still on the park.

Archived