Partick Thistle vs Hamilton Academical

A game Thistle should be looking to win, but our home form is crap and these teams love a draw. So I wouldn't be surprised to see another score draw between the sides.

Team selection? No idea. Are Accies still in the middle of an injury crisis too?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We haven't lost to Accies in the last 10 meetings (3 wins and 7 draws). The pessimistic cunt view would be that this has to end eventually. Just hope it's not here as we really need a win with Hearts visiting next week.

I rarely go into games thinking we'll win, but genuinely fancy us to get a result next weekend. Strolled it against the saints on Saturday, so play anything like that and we should be fine. 

Now that i've said that, dominate first half and lose a goal with Accies only shot on target. 

Our record at Firhill is absolutely stinking this season. We always seem to struggle against the teams we would expect to beat at home - particularly Hamilton and Killie.

I think we've only beaten Accies once at Firhill in the league over the past three seasons. 

1-1.

2 hours ago, archie guevara said:

The players should be fired up for this after that Booth goal being chalked off at NDP.  Wee Edwards is due a goal.  Can't think who else is overdue to score...:whistle

The whole team apart from Adam Barton.

I think this game will be the life changer for Azeez. This is the moment he becomes a Jags legend [emoji85][emoji6]
We should win but once again after a good away result v a top 6 team in typical Jags fashion we shit the bed and draw or lose 1-0.
Here's hoping.

I remember that fateful night when we pumped Hamilton.  If I remember right they were flying quite high, and I went expecting it to be absolutely dreadful.  

In all honesty, I can't see this one being too positive either, so here's hoping Sir Ade of Azeez becomes a Doolan-like legend and scores twelve.  Absolutely imperative we win at this stage, a defeat will send us down into the playoff spot.  We're about due for the time we make a concerted effort for the top 6 only to fall short, so let's start it here before Hearts kick the shit out of us next week.

Considering Accies had to go through extra time with what looked like a first choice team for Dunfermline, I'd like to hope they will be physically spent + mentally as they were probably fearing the worst.

If we stick to our game and just knock it about, Accies will be running on empty after 30mins

..Draw

Suspect the pavement dancing between the young teams might be more entertaining than the match itself. Saturday was pretty much as well as we’ve played all season so chances of 2 in a row are traditionally slim.

Any word on how long Booth / Dumbuya are out for?

19 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Suspect the pavement dancing between the young teams might be more entertaining than the match itself. Saturday was pretty much as well as we’ve played all season so chances of 2 in a row are traditionally slim.

Any word on how long Booth / Dumbuya are out for?

I wonder if the Ruchill Sniper/ Stone Chucker will be on duty?

Archived