PENICUICK V ROB ROY SCOTTISH CUP

cloughy

What a brilliant cup tie that was had everything. Both sides at spells on top with the rabs edging past a good penicuik side.

Talking points loads.Off top of my head .....

Red card for penicuik player fully justified .

Linespersons offside calls in the main spot on though one for sawyers where he scored looked on but thats probably the red n black tinted glasses.

Boys all put in an excellent shift especially gary mac and sawyers. We should ave killed it off when we had the chance but were made to pay when penicuik scored the equalizer.

Impressive set up at penicuik all in and great hositaliy at the local pub the cuikie inn good banter.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cracking result for kilsyth today!
Well done mate.

To be fair mate shotts were/are very poor at the moment , could have been more than 6 , shotts goalie had 3 really good saves !
A thought your game would be a draw today , but magnificent result to get the win , any game away from home in the scottish is a hard game , kelty out aswell , u'l be starting to dream lol .

Came up from Newcastle for this one. What a belter of a game. Great attitude from the Roy after twice going behind. Both attacks I thought were better than the opposite defences - some cracking goals , controversy , sending off , bookings - loved it. Penicuick played some really good football but let themselves down with persistent fouling which ended up with them down to ten men - but they were still threatening after that. Thought Rob Roy should have sealed it when we missed a couple of chances at 3-2 before Penicuick equalised.

Home fans complaining about the ref as I was walking out - saying ref was from Cumbernauld and naturally favoured Kirkintilloch - had to tell them there isnt natural affinity between the 2 towns -and that was the ref that sent 2 of our players off during the League Cup penalties. Think possibly Rob Roy might have had an advantage knowing that the ref didnt take any nonsense.

Impressive performance - looking forward to being back up for the quarter final.

Came up from Newcastle for this one. What a belter of a game. Great attitude from the Roy after twice going behind. Both attacks I thought were better than the opposite defences - some cracking goals , controversy , sending off , bookings - loved it. Penicuick played some really good football but let themselves down with persistent fouling which ended up with them down to ten men - but they were still threatening after that. Thought Rob Roy should have sealed it when we missed a couple of chances at 3-2 before Penicuick equalised.

Home fans complaining about the ref as I was walking out - saying ref was from Cumbernauld and naturally favoured Kirkintilloch - had to tell them there isnt natural affinity between the 2 towns -and that was the ref that sent 2 of our players off during the League Cup penalties. Think possibly Rob Roy might have had an advantage knowing that the ref didnt take any nonsense.

Impressive performance - looking forward to being back up for the quarter final.

Clearly the Rob Roy players knew the referee and played him far better than we did especially when he was on first name terms due to the familiarity with them as he officiates in their league week to week. However his performance was inconsistent and im sure the highlights package will confirm my view. Seven bookings to one does not reflect the game or the incidents within it, slmilar offences by both sides treated differently and same blatent ones ignored.
There is a bigger point here - all the other ties had referees appointed from Referee assocations which did not include the competing teams, or a referee who on the normal course of ganes wouldnt officiate the teams involved - this one didnt and to make it worse the referee comes from Cumbernauld where Rob Roy currently play - imagine the uproar if the referee had been from Penicuik!!

Clearly the Rob Roy players knew the referee and played him far better than we did especially when he was on first name terms due to the familiarity with them as he officiates in their league week to week. However his performance was inconsistent and im sure the highlights package will confirm my view. Seven bookings to one does not reflect the game or the incidents within it, slmilar offences by both sides treated differently and same blatent ones ignored.

There is a bigger point here - all the other ties had referees appointed from Referee assocations which did not include the competing teams, or a referee who on the normal course of ganes wouldnt officiate the teams involved - this one didnt and to make it worse the referee comes from Cumbernauld where Rob Roy currently play - imagine the uproar if the referee had been from Penicuik!!

Get a grip for god sake.

Firstly the game was played out fair and square the referee correctly sent off your player for two yellows the first being particularly nasty on our winger.

The lines man and woman got nearly every incident right regarding offsides.

The penalty was a penalty contact simple.

We have had this referee now three times out of 25 games yeah really overly familiar. He has sent off three of our players in the two games prior to Saturday.

One being a cup final but wait he's biased towards us yeah right favours us but sends off one of our players in a cup final for what wasn't even a obvious clear cut red.

And get a grip appointing a referee from a different town is a bit different from the same bloody town.

Incidentally non of our management are from Kirky or Cumbernauld and you will be lucky if two or three of our players are from Kirky or Cumbernauld.

Great set up at penicuik, Great potential try lose with a bit of dignity though.

Get a grip for god sake.

Firstly the game was played out fair and square the referee correctly sent off your player for two yellows the first being particularly nasty on our winger.
The lines man and woman got nearly every incident right regarding offsides.
The penalty was a penalty contact simple.

We have had this referee now three times out of 25 games yeah really overly familiar. He has sent off three of our players in the two games prior to Saturday.

One being a cup final but wait he's biased towards us yeah right favours us but sends off one of our players in a cup final for what wasn't even a obvious clear cut red.

And get a grip appointing a referee from a different town is a bit different from the same bloody town.

Incidentally non of our management are from Kirky or Cumbernauld and you will be lucky if two or three of our players are from Kirky or Cumbernauld.

Great set up at penicuik, Great potential try lose with a bit of dignity though.

Ive already read two neutral reports on the game which suggest that he didnt get all the decisons correct includinh offsides which might have affected both sides!
Sorry have Kirky not taken up residence in Cumbernauld! So he is from same town as to where your club is currently based.
And its irrelevant where your team or management come from - refer to my point about all the other ties and the referees and give it some food for thought.
And hes alot.more familiar with your players and he is with ours - how would you feel if it was an east referee who spoke to our players by their first names.

My main point is about the appointments system and why it led yesterday the 'uproar' over his performance.

Would be fascinated as to the referee supervisors views on his performance!!

Ive already read two neutral reports on the game which suggest that he didnt get all the decisons correct includinh offsides which might have affected both sides!
Sorry have Kirky not taken up residence in Cumbernauld! So he is from same town as to where your club is currently based.
And its irrelevant where your team or management come from - refer to my point about all the other ties and the referees and give it some food for thought.
And hes alot.more familiar with your players and he is with ours - how would you feel if it was an east referee who spoke to our players by their first names.

My main point is about the appointments system and why it led yesterday the 'uproar' over his performance.

Would be fascinated as to the referee supervisors views on his performance!!

And you didn't answer my main point.
If he is to favour us which you are suggesting why has he sent off three of our players in two games previous to Saturday. He sent off two in a cup final.

Also would you agree officiating 3 of our games out of 25 two out of 24 before Saturday doesn't exactly equate to him being over familiar with us.

We had a referee from Aberdeen when we played a team from Aberdeen in round 3. No complaints from anyone before or after.

The only 'neutral' reports i have read are one from a east region reporter and another from a east region groundhopper and the penicuik. Two can play the paranoia game ha.

Also just incase you forgot we also have no say in who referees a game just so you know.

26 minutes ago, rednblack said:

And you didn't answer my main point.
If he is to favour us which you are suggesting why has he sent off three of our players in two games previous to Saturday. He sent off two in a cup final.

Also would you agree officiating 3 of our games out of 25 two out of 24 before Saturday doesn't exactly equate to him being over familiar with us.

We had a referee from Aberdeen when we played a team from Aberdeen in round 3. No complaints from anyone before or after.

The only 'neutral' reports i have read are one from a east region reporter and another from a east region groundhopper and the penicuik. Two can play the paranoia game ha.

Also just incase you forgot we also have no say in who referees a game just so you know.

Always find it funny that when a team loses, it's not their team's fault but the referee's. Didn't see the match, but we got beat by KRR last week, and I thought at that time that they would then progress to the quarter finals, and so it happened. I thought the Burgh were worthy of a draw against KRR but it wasn't to be. Indeed I think that KRR scored against the run of play, but as one of our player's said, it was a sore one but we move on. Perhaps you, the real Cookie should do the same.

Yesterday when we played Dundonald, there were the annoying shouts that seem to happen at a lot of matches - 'it's as if we are playing against 12 men'! If supporters are so concerned at how refs perform, try doing it yourself. 

I don't think anyone has a problem with Kirkintilloch winning the match, though I think we did enough to earn a draw. However the referee did have a massive impact on the match, for both teams. He, in my opinion, just seemed to favour the away side in many of the key decisions, bar the Sawyers 'goal'. And I'm saying that as a former referee. I don't like criticising referees because I've done it myself, but if players performances are open to criticism then so must be a referees, especially in such a big match.

Both sides played well, there wasn't a player on either side that I'd say had a bad game. It was two good sides going head to head and unfortunately we lost out. It happens. If we play like that every week, we'll win far more matches than we lose (like we have so far this season, hence our league position). Likewise, if KRR play like that every week, they'll have a very good chance of going all the way.

Also I don't think RRC said that KRR picked the ref? Just that the appointment seemed a strange one when compared to the other Junior Cup referee appointments.

Always find it funny that when a team loses, it's not their team's fault but the referee's. Didn't see the match, but we got beat by KRR last week, and I thought at that time that they would then progress to the quarter finals, and so it happened. I thought the Burgh were worthy of a draw against KRR but it wasn't to be. Indeed I think that KRR scored against the run of play, but as one of our player's said, it was a sore one but we move on. Perhaps you, the real Cookie should do the same.
Yesterday when we played Dundonald, there were the annoying shouts that seem to happen at a lot of matches - 'it's as if we are playing against 12 men'! If supporters are so concerned at how refs perform, try doing it yourself. 

You always play against 12 men when you play this mob tbh.

Watched the highlights

Point one penalty clear penalty caught sawyers.

Two yellows two yellows all day long.

Our goal chopped off he looked on when ball came through never mind when our full back hit it from way inside his own half.

Penalty claim for penicuik watch it in slow motion defender touches the ball.

Again two players didn't collide watch in slow motion and our striker gets touched from behind followed closely by our striker tumbling over.

Along with the points made earlier Seriously what the hell are people greeting about.

I'm very confident any neutral watching all that will agree.

On penicuik good club, good potential and i hope they do well.

I get why some it was a sore one but keeping banging on about something that in reality in cold light of day meant nothing is a bit silly imo.

Watched the highlights

Point one penalty clear penalty caught sawyers.

Two yellows two yellows all day long.

Our goal chopped off he looked on when ball came through never mind when our full back hit it from way inside his own half.

Penalty claim for penicuik watch it in slow motion defender touches the ball.

Again two players didn't collide watch in slow motion and our striker gets touched from behind followed closely by our striker tumbling over.

Along with the points made earlier Seriously what the hell are people greeting about.

I'm very confident any neutral watching all that will agree.

On penicuik good club, good potential and i hope they do well.

I get why some it was a sore one but keeping banging on about something that in reality in cold light of day meant nothing is a bit silly imo.

Bloody hell sorry for having an opinion - is that not what this place is for? Or is it only if you agree?

Football is all about opinions win lose or draw ive got mine? Youve got yours - i respect yours but dont be so patronising about mine.

Exactly you didnt see the match - we've moved on but discussing our opinions on here is what happens is it not? Or because we lost should we just disappear?

See you Saturday where i am confident the best team will win!!

Archived