Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle

cilitbang

2 minutes ago, partick_twinny said:

It's not just that they can't be trusted, it is police resources at major events. I am sure it is the same in any UK City with two large Teams. Even some smaller teams, I thought the Dundee teams couldnt both play at home on the same day too for example...

We played at home on the same day as United on Boxing Day 2012, but there was plenty time between games; United kicked-off at 2pm and we kicked-off at 7.30pm.

I'm pretty sure Hearts and Hibs have had games at the same time in the recent past, although they were fairly low-key cup games IIRC. 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TrebleTwenty said:

What a bore fest. Thistle are pants, wonder if they will bring up more than 300 since it will be there cup final? 

1 hour ago, TrebleTwenty said:

Yasss, iv caught myself a giant fish. The internet spell checkers, what a bore fest !!!!!

What a fucking whopper this one is.

Was at a nil nil zzzz-fest last season, around about Christmas time, which was due to Thistle's excellent defending. The match at Firhill wasn't exactly amazing either, although Stockley scored that wonder-chip. He seems to be doing pretty well against Thistle this year, maybe its a game for him. 

Is no one a tad suspicious that the top 4 clubs ALL got home draws?

They made sure the heavier balls where Celts, Sevco, Jambos/Hibs and Dons [emoji6].

Anyway, never confident of a victory in Granite city but it's the cup and anything is possible on the day. It's a winnable game albeit a tough one.

18 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

They're putting chemicals in the Aberdonian water that's turning the seagulls gay.

Turning seagulls gay would possibly be Aberdeenshire City Council's most popular ever decision

£15 admission and Thistle paying for away fans to travel on the supporters buses, pretty decent fist at making the best of a Sunday game.

I get back from holiday into Glasgow airport at 0730 on the Sunday after an overnight flight, half tempted to go but probably easier to fall asleep in front of the TV or in a pub in Glasgow than at the game.

Plus my record watching Thistle in SC QFs is P6 W0 D1 L5 so maybe not a bad thing.

On 2/12/2017 at 20:08, lubo_blaha said:

Sunday 3pm is probably the best we can hope for since the two significantly less respectable Glasgow teams cannot be trusted to play on the same day.

BBC Scotland will show live coverage of the Scottish Cup quarter-final between Aberdeen and Partick Thistle.

The game at Pittodrie on Sunday, 5 March kicks off at 15:00 GMT with TV coverage also streamed on the BBC Sport website.

Reading the story, is it not just three buses that Thistle are laying on? 
Still, to be applauded I guess.

The 3 branches (City Centre, Jordanhill and North West) are the ones being weighed in by the club, but I assume that will run to however many coaches are required by each branch to satisfy demand.

I booked seats on the Jordanhill bus as a non member today and got a reply simply confirming the seats were booked. No mention of them being subject to availability or the like.

Archived