Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle

cilitbang

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sensible pricing policy would be good. £25 for the league game was a bit steep. Hopefully a three o'clock kickoff too...

Weve not been at Pittodrie in the cup since 1947. Also we've only won once vs Aberdeen in the cup. That was in 1930 on our way to the cup final. 

Excluding Celtic either home or away, this was the toughest tie, imo. Very frustrating and no reward for a great win in Perth, but our record against Aberdeen isn't the worst since returning to the top flight; I mean, it's not great, and this will be tough as fuck, but we've got a chance, which is more than we could say against Celtic.

Hopefully not some sort of lunchtime kickoff.

Annoying draw, the cup's a chance for a good away day to a ground you rarely visit. Home to a club with whom we have a history of playing out dull games is disappointing. We can, and should win this one, we're in good form and a semi-final would be grand. 

However with me living in Glasgow and Thistle looking unlikely to make the top six, mon the replay!

Home to a club with whom we have a history of playing out dull games is disappointing.

Actually quite enjoyed the Thistle matches at Pittodrie this season - both were hard-earned victories, but decent games.

Recall a couple of dire 0-0s in previous seasons, but they and Ross County look the two best candidates to finish in the final top six slot - and it's the least 'home banker' of the four QFs in what was a crap draw.

Can we please have a decent crowd for this, no matter what day or time it's played, or if it's on TV or not. Home quarter final in the cup, we should be looking for a minimum of 14,000. Don't hold out much hope though. Can our picky support please prove me wrong.

9 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Probably because all the mouth-breathing morons that support them would clash in the city centre afterwards.

I would like to see the actual numbers on this but I feel around 1/2 of their supports doesn't live in Glasgow so public transport etc would be a no go

It's not just that they can't be trusted, it is police resources at major events. I am sure it is the same in any UK City with two large Teams. Even some smaller teams, I thought the Dundee teams couldnt both play at home on the same day too for example...

Archived