Dundee v The Rangers

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

This explains a tweet I saw earlier today. I thought "how the feck can anyone clock up 90 quid worth of wrong bus?"

They only got 1 stop further away, however the taxi driver looked like Joe Garner and they thought it was a great deal!

15 minutes ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

This explains a tweet I saw earlier today. I thought "how the feck can anyone clock up 90 quid worth of wrong bus?"

They should have just got a taxi in the first place, probably would have cost them either £16.90 or £18.72 just for the lols

6 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

They should have just got a taxi in the first place, probably would have cost them either £16.90 or £18.72 just for the lols

I did once travel by train to a Dundee v Rangers game with some Rangers supporting friends. We took a taxi from the station, and one of my friends asked for the ground. Sure enough we took the scenic tour of the city en route to Dens. When we arrived I stopped my pal handing over the requested money and offered the driver the fare for the direct route. He just shrugged and accepted it was a fair cop.

6 minutes ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

I did once travel by train to a Dundee v Rangers game with some Rangers supporting friends. We took a taxi from the station, and one of my friends asked for the ground. Sure enough we took the scenic tour of the city en route to Dens. When we arrived I stopped my pal handing over the requested money and offered the driver the fare for the direct route. He just shrugged and accepted it was a fair cop.

Stephen Thompson drives taxis? That is desperate! 

3 minutes ago, getdoon said:

So a Dundonian is trying to con some mutant h**s and you grass him in? Disgusting.

I used to live and work in Glasgow. There are good sorts who support both Rangers and Celtic, just because they're their local football club. There are plenty of bigots and morons around, but also plenty of decent guys who're just ordinary football supporters. There's a controversial view. :lol:

9 minutes ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

I once got stopped by some Rangers fans asking where Ibrox was on the Paisley Road West 2012/2013 season. I didn't send them on a wild goose chase seeing as they were from Berwick and supported their local side.

There's this utterly bizarre theme to Rangers' fans criticism of the team, saying there's "no fight, no desire, no hunger", when it's pretty obvious there's not a great deal of skill in the team either.

No doubt a level of mental strength is required, but there's this idea that no matter who the players are, stick a blue jersey on them and get Walter Smith to shout at them, they'll win games. It's utterly preposterous. It's either the fact that having four seasons in relatively uncompetitive leagues has dulled their fans' tactical awareness, or simply the archaic Rangers Battle Fever. Either way, it's not the solution and you better hope the board don't see it the same way.

You need a manager who can pick skilled players for a chosen system and implement his chosen tactics well on the training ground. Not an old man who can shout about the Union Jack.

10 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

There's this utterly bizarre theme to Rangers' fans criticism of the team, saying there's "no fight, no desire, no hunger", when it's pretty obvious there's not a great deal of skill in the team either.

No doubt a level of mental strength is required, but there's this idea that no matter who the players are, stick a blue jersey on them and get Walter Smith to shout at them, they'll win games. It's utterly preposterous. It's either the fact that having four seasons in relatively uncompetitive leagues has dulled their fans' tactical awareness, or simply the archaic Rangers Battle Fever. Either way, it's not the solution and you better hope the board don't see it the same way.

You need a manager who can pick skilled players for a chosen system and implement his chosen tactics well on the training ground. Not an old man who can shout about the Union Jack.

It all ties in to their grandiose sense of entitlement. They can't conceive of a world where pulling on that 'Rangers' jersey fails to imbue their players with superhuman ability, or cause them to run themselves into the ground in defence of their 'glorious tradition'. The same sense of entitlement is what killed their original club, and will kill their new one. It's the same sense of entitlement that prevents them from adopting a sustainable approach to rebuilding their brand. I would wager the majority of Rangers fans would happily face liquidation again just to prevent Celtic reaching '10 in a row'; something only they seem to care about.

The death of sevco is going to be even more enjoyable than the original I think.

8 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

i love the "there's nae fight" argument.

it totally ignores everything players done just to get to that level

2 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

It all ties in to their grandiose sense of entitlement. They can't conceive of a world where pulling on that 'Rangers' jersey fails to imbue their players with superhuman ability, or cause them to run themselves into the ground in defence of their 'glorious tradition'. The same sense of entitlement is what killed their original club, and will kill their new one. It's the same sense of entitlement that prevents them from adopting a sustainable approach to rebuilding their brand. I would wager the majority of Rangers fans would happily face liquidation again just to prevent Celtic reaching '10 in a row'; something only they seem to care about.

The death of sevco is going to be even more enjoyable than the original I think.

this time every non sevconian should put in a tenner to buy the footballing assets.... thus ensuring no further zombies

aim for the head, always aim for the head. 

5 hours ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

Must be a piss take. Ninety would get them home, there's later buses.

Archived