Hampden question..

#THsGh

Lesser Hampden revamped to a 5k or thereabouts capacity would be an ideal venue for Amatuer, Junior, etc finals, and as a home venue for QP. It is totally unrealistic for junior finals ever to go back to main stadium.  We older fans have great memories of attending junior finals with 60k + crowds, but these days are gone forever. I doubt that we will ever get even a 10k crowd at a junior final again.

12 minutes ago, garrellburn said:

Lesser Hampden revamped to a 5k or thereabouts capacity would be an ideal venue for Amatuer, Junior, etc finals, and as a home venue for QP. It is totally unrealistic for junior finals ever to go back to main stadium.  We older fans have great memories of attending junior finals with 60k + crowds, but these days are gone forever. I doubt that we will ever get even a 10k crowd at a junior final again.

I remember the 87' final at Rugby Park, Talbot v Kilbirnie drew a crowd of 11,000 and there was 11,500 for the replay but true ,changed days of 10k crowds

Hampden just isn't as atmospheric as it was prior to redevelopment - I've been to a couple of recent Scottish Amateur Cup finals there, and with the crowds of 1000-odd they pull rattling about it there's no real sense of occasion. It wouldn't be much different with the the 5-8000 that recent Junior Cup finals have attracted.

8 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Hampden just isn't as atmospheric as it was prior to redevelopment - I've been to a couple of recent Scottish Amateur Cup finals there, and with the crowds of 1000-odd they pull rattling about it there's no real sense of occasion. It wouldn't be much different with the the 5-8000 that recent Junior Cup finals have attracted.

I think if you actually had the games at Hampden it would attract more neutrals than Rugby Park or elsewhere.

Actually work at promoting it and making it an occasion and you’ll get 10k there, which is enough to create a decent atmosphere and I’d think the players would love to walk out at Hampden for the Final.

I was at the Youth Cup Final recently, and with only around 3,000 there is was still good to watch and the venue itself helps in lending the occasion greater importance.

However, cost is the main stumbling block obviously.

I think if you actually had the games at Hampden it would attract more neutrals than Rugby Park or elsewhere.
Actually work at promoting it and making it an occasion and you’ll get 10k there, which is enough to create a decent atmosphere and I’d think the players would love to walk out at Hampden for the Final.
I was at the Youth Cup Final recently, and with only around 3,000 there is was still good to watch and the venue itself helps in lending the occasion greater importance.
However, cost is the main stumbling block obviously.

You'll never get more than 7/8000 at a final nowadays. Even at our 86 Final there was only about 9/1000 at that game and the atmosphere was poor.

Forget Hampden as it would be a disaster. Play it at a places like Rugby Park,Tyncastle or Livingston.

If you want people to come then "Promote the product" something that the sjfa lack

Archived