Next Rangers Manager

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most successful club in the world of all time, surely loads of big names will be interested?

They'll have to be Rangers-minded though. Oh wait, that's Sellick-minded. They'll have to be a big Ranjurz man then.

(It'll be Derek McInnes)

33 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

It better not be.  I like The Big Freckle but he's done.

The season's wrecked so I'd stick with Murty for now.  No need to panic.

Why is the season wrecked? Did you think you'd win the league? :lol:

There's a lot of King's statement seems dog whistle stuff but one thing that stood out for me was what seems a quite clumsy attempt to rewrite on his part;

"We hired, at short notice, a relatively untested management team that recruited a number of players and introduced a style of play that was pleasing to our supporters."

I realise that thanks to Motherwell and the bold Ian Baraclough "The Journey" was sent on a slight detour which may have put a spanner in the works but I don't recall Warburton as seeming like a particularly rushed appointment. He also seemed like a first choice and was welcomed as being a surprisingly progressive appointment.

The idea that King is now attempting a quick revision of Warburton as being someone who was an inexperienced gamble thrown in at short notice sounds like he's trying to deflect away from the fact that it was him that appointed him.

With that in mind it sounds like he's laying some sort of groundwork for a proper throwback appointment. A proper Ranjurz man who knows their traditions and the expectations of the club/company.

Archived