Next Rangers Manager

20 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

I believe that in England a new manager can't be appointed until compensation for the previous one has been settled. Is that the case in Scotland?

Depdends if we're talking Old Firm or plebs rules.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you imagine sitting in a dressing room and Barry Ferguson trying to fire you up for a game? He has the least intimidating voice and general presence you could imagine. No wonder Clyde are so shite.

1 minute ago, flood said:

Oh it would be joyous if the fud ferguson got the job.

Would be some job for the papers to polish that turd to appease the zombie hoards..

Something about "all-conquering nine-in-a-row" hero returning in the club's hour of need would probably see most of them fall for it.  

Backed up by separate pieces from 'sources close to' Martin Jol and Frank De Boer about how hey are gutted to have missed out, just to make sure.

40 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

As hilarious as it would be, Ferguson is surely leaving Clyde because he's an abysmal manager whose complete failure in putting them in serious danger of relegation to the Lowland League having taken them over as promotion challengers made his position was untenable, rather than moving to a bigger job.

Spot on.

We realised he was an abysmal manager more than 2 years ago, but somehow was given an extended contract.

His answer to management was just to continually change players. 80 at the last count. Anything but actually manage and motivate the players he had (who in most cases were ones he brought in).

Rangers have enough problems without BF adding to them.

5 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Something about "all-conquering nine-in-a-row" hero returning in the club's hour of need would probably see most of them fall for it.  

Backed up by separate pieces from 'sources close to' Martin Jol and Frank De Boer about how hey are gutted to have missed out, just to make sure.

Ferguson played one game during the whole 9 in a row . The game after we had already clinched the 9th title and we got beat of hearts 3-1 at tynecastle so not sure where you are getting the idea we view him some sort of 9 in a row hero from . Was certainly vital to our early noughties success and also Manchester but that does not cloud our ability to tell he is not up to the job , particularly with ally still fresh in the memory .

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

Ferguson played one game during the whole 9 in a row . The game after we had already clinched the 9th title and beat of hearts 3-1 at tynecastle so not sure where you are getting the idea we view him some sort of 9 in a row hero from 

When did accuracy matter to the papers? (or me, sorry for not being encyclopedic with my Rangers history)

Just now, Forever_blueco said:

Well it's not exactly rocket science if you followed Scottish football . Advocatt gave Ferguson his break 

Without Google research, name me one Dumbarton player from the same period*.  Not rocket science if you follow Scottish Football ;)

*Don't actually bother, I'm just trying to make a point, poorly.

1 minute ago, H Wragg said:

Surely even the staunchest of berrz wouldn't be wearing Barry Ferguson as manager?

He's a "rungurz" man though, that mote important than any track record or skill at actually managing a team.

Just now, H Wragg said:

Surely even the staunchest of berrz wouldn't be wearing Barry Ferguson as manager?

No rangers fan is wanting Ferguson as manager . Some were more welcoming to the suggestion of him doing a similar role to ally when worked under Walter but no one has suggested or wants him to be manager 

As much as I'd be delighted for Barry to get it there is (surely) no chance of that happening.

He has no credentials other than his attachment to the club as a player. As much of a shambles as rangers are capable of being I don't think they're naive enough to give that cretin the reigns.

I suspect his resignation is more to do with the terrible job he was doing.

As much of a shambles as rangers are capable of being I don't think they're naive enough to give that cretin the reigns.

Have you ignored the past five years?

Archived