Scottish Quarter Final Draw

Lex

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I agree. I guess I understand why the Old Firm will be shown despite how awful the games will be. Aberdeen Thistle though, a fifth meeting between the sides, who would possibly want to watch that.

Would be amazed if it got on the TV if we get to play either team.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, forameus said:

They're probably more likely just to completely bury Scottish football by just foregoing having a third game "cos they're aw shite anyway"

Indeed, because there's 4 ties, Sky and BBC will take one each, the Celtic v St Mirren game on the Saturday, and the Rangers v Hamilton/Dunfermline on the Sunday.  Or vice versa.  The other 2 ties haven't got a hope.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

They're probably more likely just to completely bury Scottish football by just foregoing having a third game "cos they're aw shite anyway"

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Indeed, because there's 4 ties, Sky and BBC will take one each, the Celtic v St Mirren game on the Saturday, and the Rangers v Hamilton/Dunfermline on the Sunday.  Or vice versa.  The other 2 ties haven't got a hope.

Er...no. The broadcasters have paid for three ties in this round, so they'll show three ties.

Why is there such an obsession on here with making stuff up and using it as a stick with which to beat Sky/BBC/SPFL/SFA/<whoever> with? 

They do enough wrong without having to dream up other shit. Doing that just means the genuine criticisms end up diluted. 

I think if the winner of Ayr-Clyde was at home it would definitely be the 3rd TV tie, but not so sure with the Edinburgh team who will be heavy favourites being at home.

Did they not show Hibs-Berwick on Sky a few years back? :lol:

7 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Did they not show Hibs-Berwick on Sky a few years back? :lol:

Well, yes, but after the BBC had picked Queen of the South v Falkirk Sky were left with Hibs v Berwick or Inverness v Raith Rovers (Dundee Utd v Celtic had been taken as first pick).  

Hibs were picked for the same reason that Sevco are always shown, albeit on a smaller scale. Plus it was HibeeJibee's personal derby.

Well, yes, but after the BBC had picked Queen of the South v Falkirk Sky were left with Hibs v Berwick or Inverness v Raith Rovers (Dundee Utd v Celtic had been taken as first pick).  
Hibs were picked for the same reason that Sevco are always shown, albeit on a smaller scale. Plus it was HibeeJibee's personal derby.

Didn't know the other games so it makes sense now. Fair enough.

15 hours ago, The Master said:

Er...no. The broadcasters have paid for three ties in this round, so they'll show three ties.

Why is there such an obsession on here with making stuff up and using it as a stick with which to beat Sky/BBC/SPFL/SFA/<whoever> with? 

They do enough wrong without having to dream up other shit. Doing that just means the genuine criticisms end up diluted. 

Mine was absolutely tongue-in-cheek.  No obsession, and nothing dreamed up.

Archived