Airdrie v LIVVY - Saturday 19th

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Mensing English?  For some reason I always thought he was German.  Either way, more confident with him than I was with Boateng when it comes to handling Livvéì.

Ed: just checked, he's English but was born in Germany. (Mensing, that is.)  (Not Boateng.) (Who is also English.) (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Sorry couldn't read your post, was too distracting seeing those deliberate misspelled Livi's in capitals. :lol:

Not sure how this game will go, we've changed how we play recently since Gallagher came in and Hopkin moved Lithgow to LB. I'd say we're a bit more solid looking at the back with 4 CB's in defence but it has taken away our width getting up the wings, as Cadden is having to play as a wingback. We're not scoring as many goals now so I think it'll be a tighter game with fewer goals than previous meetings.

On a plus side it isn't on our tattie field of a pitch so at least we'll see some decent passing football on Airdrie's plastic pitch, and looking forward to seeing how Mensing handles Mullen

Expecting a much tougher game here, thought we comfortably beat you on all 3 occasions up until now but the way we are set up now and with Airdrie's improvement it will be a tighter game. 

Its a shame Boetang won't be playing, he seemed our biggest threat in the previous games. 

Can't see us lining up any differently unfortunately, as has been said we just don't look the same threat as we have done, playing 4 CB's takes away our full backs supporting the wingers, 3 CM's as well, we were at our best when we had 2 out and out wingers playing with full backs. 

Big game though, we win this and the league is all but over imo, draw wouldn't be a bad result again, defeat and it's interesting again. 

On a side note if Airdrie keep up the current rate of form they will finish on around the 56 points, meaning we will only need 10 more points, that's all hypothetical of coarse.

If it was me I'd play a 5-3-2 with Longridge coming in for Cadden.

Kelly
Halkett Gallagher Lithgow
Crighton Longridge
Millar Byrne Pittman
Buchanan Mullen

I really don't see what people see in Cadden. He has pace yes but has done virtually nothing spectacular since signing. His crossing is poor, his shots are terrible and he will always try to beat 3 men losing the ball when it's easier to play a pass. Reminds me exactly of Jordan Morton and we all know how that worked out.

Mullin is a better player than Cadden imo and knows how to defend. Cadden is only effective up the pitch in latter parts of games.

Just now, LogieLivi said:

If it was me I'd play a 5-3-2 with Longridge coming in for Cadden.

Kelly
Halkett Gallagher Lithgow
Crighton Longridge
Millar Byrne Pittman
Buchanan Mullen

I really don't see what people see in Cadden. He has pace yes but has done virtually nothing spectacular since signing. His crossing is poor, his shots are terrible and he will always try to beat 3 men losing the ball when it's easier to play a pass. Reminds me exactly of Jordan Morton and we all know how that worked out.

Mullin is a better player than Cadden imo and knows how to defend. Cadden is only effective up the pitch in latter parts of games.

Pretty sure Cadden has assisted with quite a few goals with his crosses. Don't see how Longridge for Cadden would make any difference really, imo Longridge needs to replace Lithgow to work with Cadden but that wont happen.

Interesting too that in our last 2 games against Airdrie Hopkin didn't start Cadden but was forced into bringing him on early when one of our players got injured and Cadden has scored in both of those games.

Pretty sure Cadden has assisted with quite a few goals with his crosses. Don't see how Longridge for Cadden would make any difference really, imo Longridge needs to replace Lithgow to work with Cadden but that wont happen.

I'd like to see the stats on the assists for this season. But I believe Crighton might actually be top from crosses/flick ons/throw ins from the beginning of the season. Pittman will be up there too surely.

Who had final say on your signings?   It's one thing scouting players but did Hopkin have a say in who was signed?   Watt has already been released, Cadden y'all don't seem to care for,  Dizzy and Dosey bumped out to fullback,  even the boy Mullin from Rovers has been edged out.   Have any of Hopkins signings worked out well? 

I'd like to see the stats on the assists for this season. But I believe Crighton might actually be top from crosses/flick ons/throw ins from the beginning of the season. Pittman will be up there too surely.

Can't really be arsed checking lol, I can remember Cadden coming on against Crusaders and setting up Mullin for our first goal and then sent a ball into Buchanan who laid it off to Pittman for our winner. He's def set up a few goals like that this season. I think he changed the game for us when Miller got injured and Cadden came on against Airdrie and scored a goal, we looked a lot more threatening after he came on and I don't think we'd have won that day but for that injury to Miller forcing the substitution. Same thing happened in our next game against Aidrie when Longridge got injured and Cadden came on at HT.

He does overplay it at times trying to take too many players on but I think you're being too critical saying his crosses are poor and his shots are terrible, he's actually scored as many as Pittman and is our joint 3rd top scorer.

Can't really be arsed checking lol, I can remember Cadden coming on against Crusaders and setting up Mullin for our first goal and then sent a ball into Buchanan who laid it off to Pittman for our winner. He's def set up a few goals like that this season. I think he changed the game for us when Miller got injured and Cadden came on against Airdrie and scored a goal, we looked a lot more threatening after he came on and I don't think we'd have won that day but for that injury to Miller forcing the substitution. Same thing happened in our next game against Aidrie when Longridge got injured and Cadden came on at HT.
He does overplay it at times trying to take too many players on but I think you're being too critical saying his crosses are poor and his shots are terrible, he's actually scored as many as Pittman and is our joint 3rd top scorer.

I can recall cadden scoring 4 or 5 goals all season. 1 of which was a penalty and 1 was actually touched by Pittman against Brechin. By his crosses, a lot of them go for corners or too long. By shots, he tries shooting from daft angles or from too far out or when there are other options available.

I can recall cadden scoring 4 or 5 goals all season. 1 of which was a penalty and 1 was actually touched by Pittman against Brechin. By his crosses, a lot of them go for corners or too long. By shots, he tries shooting from daft angles or from too far out or when there are other options available.

Pity he hadn't taken our last 2 penalties too, might've scored them then and won a few more points. Yeah i'm not disagreeing with you on some of his shots being wild but then again apart from Buchanan (who's shots on target ratio is the best in the league), you could say that about any of our players. And he does tend to overplay it, and I've seen over hit crosses (not looking good for me trying to convince you here is it) :lol:, but a lot more of his crosses have been good and got us goals, and the fact is he's scored 6 goals and the two against Airdrie (who we're playing next) were excellent.

He's a youngster who is inconsistent, and still developing his game, I def see a good player there and with good coaching he'll get a lot better, certainly has helped us get to where we are this season and is a useful player to have.

Pity he hadn't taken our last 2 penalties too, might've scored them then and won a few more points. Yeah i'm not disagreeing with you on some of his shots being wild but then again apart from Buchanan (who's shots on target ratio is the best in the league), you could say that about any of our players. And he does tend to overplay it, and I've seen over hit crosses (not looking good for me trying to convince you here is it) [emoji38], but a lot more of his crosses have been good and got us goals, and the fact is he's scored 6 goals and the two against Airdrie (who we're playing next) were excellent.

He's a youngster who is inconsistent, and still developing his game, I def see a good player there and with good coaching he'll get a lot better, certainly has helped us get to where we are this season and is a useful player to have.

He has potential but needs to calm down and do the right thing by the team sometimes. For someone who has a full seasons worth of football under his belt last season at Airdrie and moving to full time for all of this season by now he should have cut those kind of mistakes out of his game.
He's a better player as an impact sub ala Bobby Barr. With his pace and with Stranraer being there for the taking in the final 15 mins yesterday I would rather see him come on than go off at that stage. It's also when he looks confident in that he can change the game. Played from the start he rarely gets into the game. But you're right, he's young but we don't really require wingers when a lot of our balls are over the top anyway. If we surprise teams it's when it's played through the middle for Mullen and Bucks to run onto.

23 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

This Livvy patter needs to go it was never funny before but the diddies of the league continue to use it because they've got nothing else over us.

It's not really 'patter' though, is it? It's the widely accepted abbreviation of your towns name. For instance, you don't abbreviate David to Davi or Alistair to Ali, unless you're a total fanny.

I knew a girl at school called Lucy and she deliberately misspelled it as Luci to stand out. That's exactly what the Livvy fans are doing here and their outrage at the supposed misspell is equally as petulant and hilarious. 

Grow up you fucking gimps.

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Expecting a much tougher game here, thought we comfortably beat you on all 3 occasions up until now but the way we are set up now and with Airdrie's improvement it will be a tighter game. 

Improvement? Our win last week was the only game we've won this year...and we weren't great for half of that. The week before that we got battered off Stenhousemuir. I'd give it a game or two yet anyway before saying we've improved.  

19 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

This Livvy patter needs to go it was never funny before but the diddies of the league continue to use it because they've got nothing else over us.

As said above, it's not patter. It's probably more like nobody actually gives a fvck how you abbreviate Livingston. It's really not important. 

Archived