Airdrie v LIVVY - Saturday 19th

23 minutes ago, orco said:

I was sitting pretty close to the Cadden/Conroy incident. It was Cadden who sparked it off by reacting to the tackle. A bit of shoving ensued. Then Conroy stupidly aimed a punch at him. Only slight contact was made but he definitely made a fist and directed it at Cadden. By the letter of the law the ref was able to send him off but common sense should have dictated a yellow for them both.

No Conroy sparked the incident of with his stupid tackle in a nothing area of the pitch that wasn't even close to the ball, that was verging on a red card alone, Cadden has reacted, granted he could've seen red himself but the amount of times you see a player reacting with a push in the chest and it being a yellow never surprised me he got the yellow, Conroy has then lashed out and has made a fist and aimed a punch, contact or not it's an automatic red card. 

Its not as if Cadden went down and started rolling around, to make it into something it wasn't. 

Common sense has prevailed, I probably would've accepted a yellow card for both if he hadn't attempted to the punch Cadden, but as soon as he's done that the ref has had no option. 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

No Conroy sparked the incident of with his stupid tackle in a nothing area of the pitch that wasn't even close to the ball, that was verging on a red card alone, Cadden has reacted, granted he could've seen red himself but the amount of times you see a player reacting with a push in the chest and it being a yellow never surprised me he got the yellow, Conroy has then lashed out and has made a fist and aimed a punch, contact or not it's an automatic red card. 

Its not as if Cadden went down and started rolling around, to make it into something it wasn't. 

Common sense has prevailed, I probably would've accepted a yellow card for both if he hadn't attempted to the punch Cadden, but as soon as he's done that the ref has had no option. 

Cadden is supposed to let the referee deal with fouls. It was his behaviour that instigated a yellow card for himself and a red card for Gorman. 

Was a stupid challenge from Conroy borne out of pure frustration, you see challenges like that all the time when a team's getting utterly shagged. He raised his hand to Cadden and by the letter of the law it's a sending off. I really have no idea how any Airdrie fans can have any complaints, his manager's reaction said it all.

4 hours ago, Afro said:

Was a stupid challenge from Conroy borne out of pure frustration, you see challenges like that all the time when a team's getting utterly shagged. He raised his hand to Cadden and by the letter of the law it's a sending off. I really have no idea how any Airdrie fans can have any complaints, his manager's reaction said it all.

I think the Ref was already pulling out the red and that is his decision. If you are correct about "raised his hand" means a red card then does Cadden's "shove" in the chest suggest a  raising your hand? Anyway we could debate all day on this, but you were also correct that Airdrie were by that stage "shagged" . No pleasure yet again for home fans.

5 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I think the Ref was already pulling out the red and that is his decision. If you are correct about "raised his hand" means a red card then does Cadden's "shove" in the chest suggest a  raising your hand? Anyway we could debate all day on this, but you were also correct that Airdrie were by that stage "shagged" . No pleasure yet again for home fans.

I had always interpreted it that a raised hand to the face, in a forceful manner, was a red. Shoving and associated handbags warranting a warning or yellow. Happy to be proven wrong, though.

Archived