Blast From The Past!

9 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Former QPR striker Les Ferdinand was involved...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/983304.stm

Ferdinand was friends with Chelsea star Dennis Wise during their youth in the White City area of west London, near to the BBC's Television Centre.

But he added that he was not prepared to say whether pint-sized England midfielder Wise was involved in the crime.

"I'm not at liberty to say whether Dennis Wise was one of them," said Ferdinand

So Dennis Wise was responsible for smashing up the Blue Peter garden then.

Edited by Dee Man
Attempting to get rid of that yellow shit.

I just noticed that Pat Crerand is credited with being a 'Football Advisor' on Jossys Giants. I'd love to know what his input was. The only episode I can really remember is when they played an Italian team whose players kept diving for free kicks and one of the Italians tried to get fired into Jossys daughter.

8 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I used to love Moviedrome on a Sunday night with Alex Cox presenting cult classic films.

Somehow simply downloading films at your leisure isn't the same as staying up late to watch them when you have school the next day. 

I like Alex Cox even more these days knowing what a loon he was then. A night out in LA in the 80s with him would have been a laugh. 

pretty sure Captain Blue was getting it off with Destiny. The sod. wee Gray in our year at school had fair hair and specs so of course he got called Joe 90! 

Some of Gerry Anderson's shows without the puppets look interesting. Take UFO for example:

e3fb927e454694aef52af3390e6cd23a.jpg

(This is one of the non-NSFW images btw. Google will reveal more)

I just noticed that Pat Crerand is credited with being a 'Football Advisor' on Jossys Giants. I'd love to know what his input was. The only episode I can really remember is when they played an Italian team whose players kept diving for free kicks and one of the Italians tried to get fired into Jossys daughter.

What about the episode where they played Eccleston Express at a Question of Sport and the Glipton Giants special guest was Bryan Robson?

I might have been a fan.

pretty sure Captain Blue was getting it off with Destiny. The sod. wee Gray in our year at school had fair hair and specs so of course he got called Joe 90! 

Some of Gerry Anderson's shows without the puppets look interesting. Take UFO for example:

e3fb927e454694aef52af3390e6cd23a.jpg

(This is one of the non-NSFW images btw. Google will reveal more)

3 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

What about the episode where they played Eccleston Express at a Question of Sport and the Glipton Giants special guest was Bryan Robson?

I might have been a fan.

That is lost to me. Sounds amazing though. I always love seeing footballers trying to act. I'm sure there was a CBBC show where Michael Owen helped a young lad through his parents divorce by jumping out of a poster on the kids wall.