Blast From The Past!

• 4 months later...

I'm currently watching on old episode of Top of the Pops on BBC4 and I am marvelling at just how lank and greasy everybody's hair is.

Looking back, people in that generation seldom took baths or showers. They would just sponge themselves down at the sink once a week. They'd then bend down over the kitchen sink and shampoo their barnet with Vosene before rinsing it with lukewarm water from the kettle.

As for their feet, they'd steep them in a plastic basin for an hour or so before washing their plates and cutlery... in the same basin.

elderly-country-woman-washing-her-dirty-feet-orange-pla-plastic-basin-cold-water-village-pond-129796164.jpg.bef3037bd4c5bab73b827d7cbf4cf786.jpg

16 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I'm currently watching on old episode of Top of the Pops on BBC4 and I am marvelling at just how lank and greasy everybody's hair is.

Looking back, people in that generation seldom took baths or showers. They would just sponge themselves down at the sink once a week. They'd then bend down over the kitchen sink and shampoo their barnet with Vosene before rinsing it with lukewarm water from the kettle.

As for their feet, they'd steep them in a plastic basin for an hour or so before washing their plates and cutlery... in the same basin.

elderly-country-woman-washing-her-dirty-feet-orange-pla-plastic-basin-cold-water-village-pond-129796164.jpg.bef3037bd4c5bab73b827d7cbf4cf786.jpg

You're point being?