Blast From The Past!

43 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Remember it? I was in it!

:lol: I was too young to have been huckled into the back of one and stayed way too close to Orkney St Police Station so I got ear grabbed and frog marched home by the fuzz.

46 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

I watched this with a mate and at the end of the show, my TV turned off on its own. We fucking shat a brick. And ran out of the house I was mid teens.

It was only next day I recalled while messing around with the settings i set the sleep timer for that particular time for no reason 

Never used a sleep timer since

When I was a student one of my flatmates thought she saw a ghost (idiot). A few weeks later one of the others came through and gleefully told me that he'd found her lost stereo remote, and had been amusing himself by surreptitiously skipping CD tracks, messing with the volume, etc., while everyone was sat around her room getting stoned. He'd said "it must be that ghost" to try and freak her out.
He got me to stop making my dinner and go through and start doing it instead, as he was sure they suspected him. So for about 30 mins I sat and turned the volume up and down and so on while he sat with his hands on his lap, very obviously not doing anything.

Folk had been treating it as a bit of a joke, but we could see a bit of worry setting in. The girl whose room it was gave up on the CDs and popped a tape on. I turned the volume up full, and she leapt up and hit the power button. We left it maybe 25 mins then hit the standby button on the remote. The tape, still having play pressed down, suddenly blared out. Everyone screamed and she unplugged the stereo from the wall. We said "we're not staying in your room" and went and sat in the kitchen.
She slept with the light on for a few weeks until we confessed ^_^

That same evening we made a religious girl think she was in Hell after she had a bucket and we then started walking and talking in slow motion.

Good times.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

So was I really. I think I made my debut in one of these.

images.jpeg

Mine was in one of these I'm sure or it was the old Ford Granada for stealing apples from a local orchard. Caught up the tree trapped up there because the farmer "let loose the hounds". :lol: Oh the battering ma Maw gave me not because I was stealing apples but the shame of being taken home in a police car for all the neighbours to see. :wub:

aa8b7e1ba7e265772d70b066bf81bc4b.jpg

15 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Spent most of my time and money in these places.

The untold pleasure of spending hours unearthing some fine beauties on plastic, rather than clicking after a few seconds.

df74359f688e92b01f44df0c37e3d92b.jpg

I spent countless wasted hours down in 23rd Precinct, oh the memories come flooding back. Got on well with Billy Kiltie? or is it Kilkie. They had their own record label, but can't remember the name at the mo and had the 1st 3 releases as a gesture because I did a college piece on how to run a music shop as part of my study. Main one sticks out called "I will trance you" wish I could find a recording of it. :(

Anyhoo, got to hear all the latest 12" remixes, bootlegs and imports first before anyone else and that was what was important when going to a rave and asking for the right song by the right artist and more importantly the right mix for the drugs to take maximum effect. 8)

Cheers for that.

I personally would wish to thank Hedgecutter for this fantastic thread full of joyful past memories. Got to remember things I forgot about years ago and has brought many a smile and often a laugh out loud and no fucking way man I remember that.

Cheers Hedgecutter. :wub:

1 hour ago, milton75 said:

When I was a student one of my flatmates thought she saw a ghost (idiot). A few weeks later one of the others came through and gleefully told me that he'd found her lost stereo remote, and had been amusing himself by surreptitiously skipping CD tracks, messing with the volume, etc., while everyone was sat around her room getting stoned. He'd said "it must be that ghost" to try and freak her out.
He got me to stop making my dinner and go through and start doing it instead, as he was sure they suspected him. So for about 30 mins I sat and turned the volume up and down and so on while he sat with his hands on his lap, very obviously not doing anything.

Folk had been treating it as a bit of a joke, but we could see a bit of worry setting in. The girl whose room it was gave up on the CDs and popped a tape on. I turned the volume up full, and she leapt up and hit the power button. We left it maybe 25 mins then hit the standby button on the remote. The tape, still having play pressed down, suddenly blared out. Everyone screamed and she unplugged the stereo from the wall. We said "we're not staying in your room" and went and sat in the kitchen.
She slept with the light on for a few weeks until we confessed ^_^

That same evening we made a religious girl think she was in Hell after she had a bucket and we then started walking and talking in slow motion.

Good times.

We used to phone random numbers and play the death march very badly on a piano. When we were about 12 I think. The giggling probably gave us away, I hope.

I spent countless wasted hours down in 23rd Precinct, oh the memories come flooding back. Got on well with Billy Kiltie? or is it Kilkie. They had their own record label, but can't remember the name at the mo and had the 1st 3 releases as a gesture because I did a college piece on how to run a music shop as part of my study. Main one sticks out called "I will trance you" wish I could find a recording of it. [emoji20]
Anyhoo, got to hear all the latest 12" remixes, bootlegs and imports first before anyone else and that was what was important when going to a rave and asking for the right song by the right artist and more importantly the right mix for the drugs to take maximum effect. 8)
Cheers for that.

I wouldn't say wasted ! I remember Billy Kiltie, Colin Tevendale (The Tunnel) and Billy Reid (Hardcore).

For me it was great talking to Billy Reid as he heard all the fresh stuff and knew what was the pick of the bunch.

23rd Precinct Music, Limbo, K.O.R.E and Stoatin' were some the record labels.

According to Discogs they had Marimba and Out On A Limb too.

Just now, Kennboy1978 said:

I wouldn't say wasted ! I remember Billy Kiltie, Colin Tevendale (The Tunnel) and Billy Reid (Hardcore).

For me it was great talking to Billy Reid as he heard all the fresh stuff and knew what was the pick of the bunch.

23rd Precinct Music, Limbo, K.O.R.E and Stoatin' were some the record labels.

According to Discogs they had Marimba and Out On A Limb too.

Limbo records!, that was the label, thanks.

Colin Tevendale?, now that's ringing some bells with me. Thinking he had a gig at a locally funded radio station in the early 90's thereabout. If not wasn't he making tunes on one of their labels. Nope deffo keep thinking both here Kenny.

Cannae remember Billy's brother but he was the one making records at the time while I was soaking up the tunes as he was out front spinning them in the shop to sell them.

Getting this for Christmas.

21cb34e0dc345f762d0aaa45c42494d3.jpg

Who is that meant to be to the left of Brutus Beefcake? The Million Dollar Man?

Know all the rest [emoji1]

Spent most of my time and money in these places.

The untold pleasure of spending hours unearthing some fine beauties on plastic, rather than clicking after a few seconds.

df74359f688e92b01f44df0c37e3d92b.jpg

6a13cec1e8307d80ce258aec83d9e5a2.jpg

Sleeves! That place was the Mecca for gig tickets back in the day. I mind the queues for the Rezerection and early TITP tickets. Used to unearth some bargains and gems in the swap/trade bit upstairs as well. A great shop, sadly missed.

#fuckyermp3s

Just now, 8MileBU said:

Who is that meant to be to the left of Brutus Beefcake? The Million Dollar Man?

Know all the rest emoji1.png

Aye spot on, Ted Biosi. Came to our church a few years back after he seen the light preaching the errors of his way.

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

It's Ted Dibiase ya flump!

"Biosi"! emoji1.png

In other news, 'Biosi' autocorrects on my phone to 'Biodiesel'.

OK. fair enough I cunted that one there, isn't the first time I've done it. Spoke to the guy in person and to be honest here all I heard was "Ted Biasi" sorry about the "o" due to me trying too type fast.

Well spotted before The_Drunk got in there, did me a favour tbh.

OK. fair enough I cunted that one there, isn't the first time I've done it. Spoke to the guy in person and to be honest here all I heard was "Ted Biasi" sorry about the "o" due to me trying too type fast.

Well spotted before The_Drunk got in there, did me a favour tbh.

We all get our wuckin fords muddled up mate, I'm just jesting with you! [emoji106]

I mind everyone hated The Million Dollar Man when I was a nipper. My auld man used to do impressions of his cackle to piss me off! [emoji1]

ETA: Bet you were a Hulkamaniac!?