Do you want Rangers to go bust?

Would it even matter if they did? They would more likely than not reform as Rangers mk 3 and the same sad cases would obsess about them relentlessly to the point where they forget about the clubs they actually support.

For me, I'd like to see them get stronger and challenge for the title over the next couple of years, purely as the levels of seethe and rage would be detectable from planet Venus. I honestly don't think some folk could cope with the club calling themselves Rangers, in whatever guise they take, challenging for the title and getting stronger. :)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

This.

Then go bust.

dgpt.gif

Good-Site.gif

No, then they drop down to the lower reaches of the Championship for a couple of seasons. They then have to selling off their training facilities and the car park which is not enough to prevent a Clydebank like decline over another two seasons where the fans desert in droves in protest leaving about 300 loyal bears. Rumours persist during the four years with the club trying to buy their way back into the Premeirship by trying to take over at Partick and Kilmarnock through offers to 'merge' or buy out. Told to get teh by both. Lots of crying from sympathetic media and ex players over we need league reconstruction now, for the sake of Scottish Football. Neil Doncaster does nothing. Then the stadium is sold to pay off the increasing debts and they end up having to ground share at Airdrie. Ibrox remains empty as a deal to loan the stadium back to the company fails. Attempts to relocate to Hampden also fails, prompting out pourings hatred and threats towards Queen's Park from the knuckle dragging element.

Relegation to the third tier follows and the asset stripping continues, attendances drop away to less than 100 hardy souls. Relegation to the fourth tier follows the following season and also 6 and 7 nil defeats to East Kilbride and Arbroath. Only 55 Rangers fans turn up for their Scottish Cup 6-0 defeat by Kelty Hearts. Dave King still reluctant to sell the club to Mike Ashley. The thousands of non attending fans blame all the Premeirship clubs, SFA, Queen's Park and Chris Sutton for their club's demise.

Rangers decide to opt for Junior Football rather than play in the Lowland League and strike a groundshare deal with Benburb, but toys out of the pram when the SJFC tell the club they have start from the bottom of the league set up. Rangers resign without playing a game and go into abeyance. Yes Rangers aren't dead, its only resting.

The club goes down painfully slow over a number of years then out with a whimper.

Won't happen though and I don't want to see it happen simply because it would make the world a more serious place.

Would it even matter if they did? They would more likely than not reform as Rangers mk 3 and the same sad cases would obsess about them relentlessly to the point where they forget about the clubs they actually support.
For me, I'd like to see them get stronger and challenge for the title over the next couple of years, purely as the levels of seethe and rage would be detectable from planet Venus. I honestly don't think some folk could cope with the club calling themselves Rangers, in whatever guise they take, challenging for the title and getting stronger. [emoji4]

Your trying too hard, champ.

12 minutes ago, MJC said:

For me, I'd like to see them get stronger and challenge for the title over the next couple of years, purely as the levels of seethe and rage would be detectable from planet Venus. I honestly don't think some folk could cope with the club calling themselves Rangers, in whatever guise they take, challenging for the title and getting stronger. :)

But they're not.

40 minutes ago, MJC said:

The persona you adopt is unsubtle and ludicrous.  It's not funny or entertaining.

It's a bit irritating though.  If that's the intention, then fair play.

8 hours ago, Tynieness said:

But you wouldn't want them gone for good would you, otherwise you Sellick fans would have no reason to get up in the morning.

Two cheeks of the same arse, both reprehensible institutions who thrive on bigotry and hatred.

what a great choice of moderator you are

pot, kettles, glass houses....

Archived