Warburton Resigns

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

28 pages? think it is pretty obvious Warburton wasn't doing enough, as has been discussed here on the radio and elsewhere, and it looks like the Rangers board may have played a blinder here in getting rid of this management team on the cheap.

King has shown he may not be a nice businessman, but he knows how to save a penny or two by questionable means and is not afraid to go to court.  Seems a bit naive of Warburton who has worked in the city with sharks like King before. If it was an honest footballing guy who maybe didn't know any better i would feel sorry for him.

Not a great way to advertise the club though, and certainly adds for some friday night entertainment.

Feel a bit of sympathy for Rangers after all they've been through, with the liquidation, the endless, horrible goading, and now this latest farcical chapter.

To help out, I'm willing to let them have Barry Ferguson.

For £20 million compo, obviously.

Steady.  We both joined P&B to post about Rangers. Care to deny this?

Why would I deny something I told you openly, on here. You fucking weirdo.

Listen, I assume you have more exp of this than me. I can't seem to get my keys out of my pocket and I feel a bit sick. Should I just sleep in the close or persevere and run the risk of having to shampoo the carpet in the morning rather than simply hose down the staorz?

I actually think Rangers have dealt with this pretty well.   

Warbs absolutely telt after tendering his resignation and negotiating his way out of a compensation clause for a job he didn't even get.  

For Rangers to wait it out until they dont get the job and then accept the resignation is funny as fuck, Rangers or otherwise. 

I do look forward to their fans adopting dark face to welcome Bomber Brown as new manager though. 

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Eh?  That's a meaningless post in this context.

If someone acts like a beast, they will be tainted with that name. If you want to white knight them, then that's your prerogative. If I were you, I'd be more concerned about the state of my football team than what people are saying on the Internet.

Who says Warburton wasn't cutting it?

He had a great season last year and anyone with any sense could tell ye Celtic were certs for the title while Sevco, Aberdeen and Hearts fought it out for 2nd. I think most Rangers fans, beyond the deluded fools at Rangers Media, woulda accepted qualifying for Europe and maybe a cup final this year.

There's no doubt Warburton, and a few players, have been caught out by the difference in quality but the way folk are going on ye'd think Rangers were in the bottom six.

So Warburton knows he's not wanted, Rangers want rid, and the opportunity at Forest appears. A deal is thrashed out between Warbs and Sevco regarding compo, etc and everyone's happy until Forest scupper it. Rangers use this as an opportunity to sack their manager without severance pay. That's the way it's looking to me and, unless a written resignation is kicking about somewhere, that's the way it'll look in court as well I'd imagine.

10 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Who says Warburton wasn't cutting it?

He had a great season last year and anyone with any sense could tell ye Celtic were certs for the title while Sevco, Aberdeen and Hearts fought it out for 2nd. I think most Rangers fans, beyond the deluded fools at Rangers Media, woulda accepted qualifying for Europe and maybe a cup final this year.

There's no doubt Warburton, and a few players, have been caught out by the difference in quality but the way folk are going on ye'd think Rangers were in the bottom six.

So Warburton knows he's not wanted, Rangers want rid, and the opportunity at Forest appears. A deal is thrashed out between Warbs and Sevco regarding compo, etc and everyone's happy until Forest scupper it. Rangers use this as an opportunity to sack their manager without severance pay. That's the way it's looking to me and, unless a written resignation is kicking about somewhere, that's the way it'll look in court as well I'd imagine.

That's clearly the point at issue. Warbs n Co will be saying that feck all was thrashed out. The agent may have broached the subject... but is that a resignation ? The club appear to be taking it as an  'effective' resignation. I wonder if either side had the foresight to tape the conversation. As others have said - the lawyers will be the sure winners in this one (and the onlooking fans of other clubs, obviously) Interesting times ahead.  

Archived