Warburton Resigns

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Might have been posted by the time i get to page 19 (on page 12) has he resigned thinking he had the Forrest job then they gave the gig to someone else and he's went back to Rangers to un-resign and they have told him to bolt?

Forest had tried to get Nigel Clough, but were offering sweet FA for him to do so & it seemed more about wrecking Burton to increase Forest's survival chances than any long term plan, so he wisely said no.

Tom English's take on things:

Tom English opinion
The other day, Mark Warburton attempted to explain away his team's - or former team's - dreary draw against Ross County by saying a series of random events conspired against his players. It was, he said, football's strange ways that denied them on the day, as if some cosmic force was to blame for the failings rather than his own players and his own management.Warburton's comments were bizarre but nowhere near as surreal as the nonsense that took hold of Rangers on Friday evening as the club said that Warburton was leaving and Warburton said that he wasn't. The Keystone Cops, cutting about with their trousers on fire, were made to look like a well-drilled army compared to the contradictory amateur hour at Ibrox. Rangers have known dysfunction in recent years, but those times are not as distant as some chose to believe. They're just dysfunctional in a different way now. Rudderless, leaking like a sieve and now embarrassed in a way that surely took their supporters back to the dog days of Charles Green and chums. This is a shambles.

Might have been posted by the time i get to page 19 (on page 12) has he resigned thinking he had the Forrest job then they gave the gig to someone else and he's went back to Rangers to un-resign and they have told him to bolt?

If MW has indeed touted himself (and his staff) to join another club, and it didn't work out, it then comes to light through the press/media?
He only has one choice, which is sadly to leave.

I'm away to my bed, turn my my phone/IPad off, walk the dugs early tomorrow and then put the telly on with a cuppa and hope that it's all sorted.

HeadinthesandLoyal RSC

On the 19th September 2014 I watched the news on TV, hungover and full of despair. And I honestly don't even know if despair is the word. Despondent. Broken. And on that day when I was a shell of a man I watched Queen/Union loving thugs descend upon George Square where I had so many good times. I'd got stoned, drunk and pit-stopped at that beautiful square so many times. Yet on this day these thugs - who were all Rangers supporters - started attacking people that I felt like were my kin. The catalyst of my shocked thoughts was the clip of a beer-bellied unionist wank ripping a saltire out of the hands of a young blonde girl sitting in George Square minding her own business. It was at that point I realised I wasn't like other Rangers fans. A couple of folk (rangers fans) have said how could I go against it but honestly that clip of the beer-bellied thug ripping the Saltire out of that little blonde girls arms basically done it for me as a Rangers fan. I supported Rangers as much in division 3 as i did the premiership,. I still kinda want them to win and do well in Europe and such (can't pick yer family eh?) But honestly I'd be happy never to be associated with this club again.

Fuck it.

Archived