For Honour

SweeperDee

Anyone playing the BETA for this just now? Had a few games and it's pretty damn fun.

It's pretty difficult to get to grips with at first, but after a few matches against bots I've become pretty good against other online players.

Servers seem a bit iffy just now but that's forgivable.

Love the starter Samurai Hero build, absolutely solid.

I've had a couple of shots of it at my mates house.  Thought it was ok but I'm hoping that there is some kind of story that goes along with it when it comes out.

There's a cutscene when you first boot it up which suggests a story of sorts; whether it's any good only time will tell. They have the mechanics spot on IMO.

7 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

There's a cutscene when you first boot it up which suggests a story of sorts; whether it's any good only time will tell. They have the mechanics spot on IMO.

Had a look at the game in GAME today. On the back it says there's a campaign where you face a "Bloodthirsty Warlord". Whether there's a different campaign for each class I'm not sure

Feel the exact same way, I'm astonished people want to pay full price for this game.

I can appreciate SF's view on it but why doesn't this warrant full price? The beta was only out, not the full game. Obviously with it just being restricted multiplayer it wasn't going to feel like a lot.

I can appreciate SF's view on it but why doesn't this warrant full price? The beta was only out, not the full game. Obviously with it just being restricted multiplayer it wasn't going to feel like a lot.

Fair point but its a beta 2 days before the finished game so its going to be close to the final product.

Fair point but its a beta 2 days before the finished game so its going to be close to the final product.

Not necessarily. Put too much content in a beta or make it quite a deep experience and no one would buy the game.

I'm confident Ubisoft will throw enough stuff at it to make it a half decent game. Not my type of game though.

Not necessarily. Put too much content in a beta or make it quite a deep experience and no one would buy the game.

I'm confident Ubisoft will throw enough stuff at it to make it a half decent game. Not my type of game though.

I disagree, the closer the beta is to the real thing the more likely you will draw players in by giving them a taste and then taking it away a day before release. See overwatch which was essentially the finished game minus a few maps.

What else was missing aside from a token single player campaign?
I just can't see enough to keep me occupied. Felt a bit like one of the 360 live arcade games.

Unless you got the game today, how can you say it's a token single player? Could be brilliant for all we know. [emoji23]

You're pushing it with the live arcade reference. It clearly has the production value of a triple A game.

• 3 weeks later...
Well shit this game bombed fast.

I'm still playing it. Actually tanking it as well, got my heroic gear maxed out. The player base is still strong on PS4, absolutely collapsed on PC though but that's due to the fact their connection issues are well, really bad. I've got over a days playtime on this and I've only been disconnected...twice? Pretty good for P2P. Only issue I have is that when I was a lower level I was getting matched against very high level players. Steep learning curve indeed...

Archived